Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Turk
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Still holding my LINE and LNCO...

Yep, same here. Hard to sell with such a big dividend, unless you got a nice trade rise like Pablo did...

Europe has been rising, so that may be a place to take a look.

I took profits on a lot of my euro stuff and am kicking myself now. I still have exposure in international funds elsewhere, but I still should have held...

Stock/ETF charts show continued upside and no big weakness in sight, so it looks like I'll be diving in much more, until the trend changes.

Anyone else going in more (cautiously) for the ride??

Ciovacco has a great vid this week. I hadn't even looked at a chart of cyclicals vs defensive sectors and it does look like cyclicals/high beta relative to higher dividend big name blue chips, are breaking out of consolidation/a base, which would be extremely bullish for the overall markets. When do you buy is the question! Do you wait for a pullback or do you withstand any shorter term pain. SPX is clearly at resistance and the Vix at support, so I'd think a small pullback is warranted at this point after last weeks rip.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Ciovacco has a great vid this week. I hadn't even looked at a chart of cyclicals vs defensive sectors and it does look like cyclicals/high beta relative to higher dividend big name blue chips, are breaking out of consolidation/a base, which would be extremely bullish for the overall markets. When do you buy is the question! Do you wait for a pullback or do you withstand any shorter term pain. SPX is clearly at resistance and the Vix at support, so I'd think a small pullback is warranted at this point after last weeks rip.

Yep, he's my favorite now & will use his methodology for general market investing or exiting.
thumbsup2.gif

Bought some more LLY for the Roth today.

Anyone else own COP?? Man, that thing's been on a roll.
thumbsup2.gif

LNCO is doing well too. Who still has LINE/LNCO??

I own lots of COP
smile.gif
gonna continue to hold

Question: I am not big on tech stocks, but I bought 15 shares of GOOG at 607...time to sell? I am thinking about waiting to see if it hits 1050 in the next week, and if so hold until it gets to 1100.

Drew (& everyone),

Check out Chris's last 2 blog posts over the weekend. Wow. Thoughts? What are you going to do?

http://ciovaccocapital.com/wordpress/

I'm sticking to the Relative Strength ETF system from Scott's Investment research for long term investing, but I'm still trading on the side. Right now I'm in QQQ, EFA, RFA and EEM. My basket of ETFs are the 3 main indexes in the US, developed markets ex USA, emerging markets, US real estate, international real estate, domestic treasuries, domestic high yield bonds, emerging markets bonds, developed market bonds, gold, and commodities. I pick the top 4 based on relative strength from ETF replay and re-allocate monthly, only in my IRA and 401K.

For trading purposes, I exited my SPY position this morning since it's at resistance and am hoping for some kind of another pullback down into the moving averages to re-enter. If it blows right through this week, I will go long again.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
This topping process is painful for both bulls and bears, LOL.

However, looks like gold/miners should bottom at these levels.

I'm thinking maybe you're right about gold. Everyone is talking about the H&S neckline break, but with gold's latest pop, it's got daily and more important, weekly momentum crossovers. If they sell it again at the 50 day moving average and then it can pop through like it did on Aug. 12, I'm a buyer because at that point there will be massive bullish divergence on all indicators.

Sold my SPY.

Up 30% on COP, but holding.

VGK is good.

Anyone have EGHT? Nice chart!

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
While I don't know what will happen with general USA equities (very overvalued at the time), gold, silver, and miners should take off big time. They haven't been this oversold since like 2000!. This is analogous to gold tanking in 1974-76 before blowing up spectacularly in 1980.
http://ltinvesting.com/investing-blog/go...old-correction/
Gold is currently completing inverted H&S.

Since I got enough Gold (GLD & SGOL), I'll keep an eye on GDX then.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
what do you like more? GLD or SGOL?

SGOL holds physical gold bullion, so that may be better, but they act similar.

Sold all my FCX today. Got in around $28-29. Still owes me a dividend too.

Sold some LINE today. It was up insane. May go higher looking at the chart, but it's not been that predictable.

I think .gov absolutely knew the unemployment numbers would not be great today, and they have been pumping for a week or so. I was banking on that.

Originally Posted By: Pablo

I think .gov absolutely knew the unemployment numbers would not be great today, and they have been pumping for a week or so. I was banking on that.

Other than Fed Reserve is not .gov, I agree. They have been doing this since 2009 now. QE is the new normal.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Correction coming soon. Indexes overbought... TLT breaking out...Gold on the rise...VIX near support.

Falling dollar supports the stocks so far. Not sure how much longer it will work, as the margins are all maxed out now.

16853921fig.8.JPG

Which Monthly Pay (MoPay) Dividend Stocks do you guys own & why??

Too many to count. Like the monthlies because they seem to get traded less. I like the payers because it adds a compounding feature that offsets other risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back