Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOWie!! LINE and LNCO holdings are doing nice for me! hadnt even checked today.

Good to have the resident retiree reporting on things
smile.gif

Now need to figure if/when I get back into VE.

And too bad Im still burned by ARR...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

If I never saw those low numbers Pablo put up, I never would have sold 1/2 of my LNCO.

Nobody's fault but mine.

frown.gif

Ive just held and held... Pulling in the div and reinvesting. I think I sold 100 or 200 of my most expensive shares to offset a big gain I had (maybe this was a stupid move).

Good to have the resident retiree reporting on things
smile.gif

Now need to figure if/when I get back into VE.

And too bad Im still burned by ARR...

I've been waiting for LINE to drop [which it seems to routinely do] then I sell OTM Puts against it. So far it hasn't been Put to me which is fine. I keep the premium from selling the Puts, then hope for a sell off to repeat the process.

Originally Posted By: Turk

If I never saw those low numbers Pablo put up, I never would have sold 1/2 of my LNCO.

Nobody's fault but mine.

frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Sold some LINE today. It was up insane. May go higher looking at the chart, but it's not been that predictable.

First rule on the Investor thread is never grumble about someone's pick. It will haunt you in the end. Or I will bring up SCPZF.

Listen it went down and it came up. Exactly as I predicted. Look at the chart:

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=LINE

It never broke through the 50 day MA. So yeah the velocity down was not as great as I thought at that point in time and down volume was not large. I sold half my shares near $29 because frankly LINE was too much of my portfolio. But I didn't tell you sell your shares!

No problem... My fault as I said, I sold quick as I didn't want it to turn into a 30% loss. It just may go back down...

Oh well, that's investing!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Phew - I thought you were pirrzed at me. I'm kind of sensitive.

Not at all. Remember, I'm a personal responsibility person.
wink.gif

Off to KrisAnne Hall's Roots of Liberty all-day Seminar today.
34.gif

cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Red Robin Gourmet Burgers Inc. (RRGB)

$84.20 Up $7.44(9.69%) Nice!

Yep, it'll be fine as long as people have disposable money in their pockets...

Originally Posted By: Turk
Originally Posted By: Warstud
Red Robin Gourmet Burgers Inc. (RRGB)

$84.20 Up $7.44(9.69%) Nice!

Yep, it'll be fine as long as people have disposable money in their pockets...

Is their food any good? LOL The stock is on a tear, and I'm sometimes amazed at what people will eat. LOL

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Is their food any good? LOL The stock is on a tear, and I'm sometimes amazed at what people will eat. LOL

It's alright, but not near worth what they get for it in my opinion. It seems to me that you're paying for the "Red Robin experience" when you go in there. I prefer to not pay for restaurant "experiences" myself, so I've been there exactly once.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

It's alright, but not near worth what they get for it in my opinion. It seems to me that you're paying for the "Red Robin experience" when you go in there. I prefer to not pay for restaurant "experiences" myself, so I've been there exactly once.
smile.gif

That's what I thought, but in all honesty I can't comment, I've never been there. The experience must be working, at least for now.

I have the same opinion. Their food is good, but definitely not great. I went there only once.
Im pretty sure they give you unlimited fries with any burger

With uber bearish talk in the media, the top isn't in. I'm starting to see some of the bears in the media capitulate though, like Paul B Farrel (idiot). When more of them capitulate, the sentiment will have switched. Those guys I swear are a strategic arm of wall street. They suck in the doomers right at the top and leave them holding the bag.

Last night I read some stuff from Martin Amstrong: http://armstrongeconomics.com/

He thinks the equities bull/gold bear should last till 2015 (based on his cycle work). Does anyone follow him? He makes a lot of sense in his reasoning.

On the other hand, Marc Faber, keeps telling sell stocks, buy gold. I follow him closely and he is very good, but his timing can be less than perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back