Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the heck happened yesterday? My stocks closed pretty flat yesterday and the DOW went from almost 100 points up to like 30 points down by the end of the day.

This just in ....as of 2:30PM ET.
Do I need to mention once again to check out MOBL??
The stock is "rallying" back from -$.015 this morning!
grin.gif

Just about everybody ended in the red today. Gas prices are going up once more!
mad.gif
....about $1.95 for 93 octane!

I am getting my butt handed over to me. I'm on a losing streak here!
cool.gif

Wife and I don't have the hots for stocks to be day-traders. Glad Last-Z's quick flip on Lucent worked out.

We're believers in diversity in invetsment, also in buying for the long term. We have a mix of mutual funds, bonds, blue chip stocks, some cash holdings, a few tech and international equities. We do dividend reinvest with blue-chips such as Exxon-Mobil, Coca-Cola and McDonalds. We both have American Express stock from having worked there.

quote:

Originally posted by STSinNYC:
Wife and I don't have the hots for stocks to be day-traders. Glad Last-Z's quick flip on Lucent worked out.

We're believers in diversity in invetsment, also in buying for the long term. We have a mix of mutual funds, bonds, blue chip stocks, some cash holdings, a few tech and international equities. We do dividend reinvest with blue-chips such as Exxon-Mobil, Coca-Cola and McDonalds. We both have American Express stock from having worked there.

Which flip? I'm on a losing streak I said?
wink.gif
tongue.gif

I'm also long term! I don't worry about it too much.

Sorry Last Z, I must have misread. Thought you had done a quick buy and sell on Lucent, start of the thread, and it worked out.

In that case, you are right! I did sell, but it was a mistake I made. I was trying to buy more LU (which I did) and then put a stop loss on it, just in case.....I ended up selling the whole thing.
twak.gif

Anyway.....overall, my portfolio is down 5.6%......it would be even worst if it wasn't for MOBL!
wink.gif

Grouch,

I can honestly say I am confused at this point. We need to wait a few days and see how this start of the earnings season pans out. We still have a lower trending channel, lower highs and lower lows from February on. The daily charts are broke so short term the tendency is down however we are approaching some strong support zones in the Naz and DJI.

INTC and AMD report Tuesday and Wednesday so even though we are way oversold on these stocks at these levels it doesn't mean that SELL THE NEWS won't drag these down further and the market with it. We will see. I will be able to tell better after they report. The tendency is for both to have a small run-up prior to release, but that is to be seen since things havn't been going as expected lately. If stocks break these critical support levels we head alot lower. So its wait and see right now!

Another thought is we get a quick wash out after INTC and AMD report allowing the shorts to take advantage of the weakness and covering and buyers stepping in to buy. This would setup our next wave up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back