Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK So who had the hot tip on PVN, and why didn't I buy!?!?!?!
pat.gif

NOW is the time to buy VASO. It's doing the dip thing gain but watch it spring on some upcoming news!!

Pabs,

PVN looks good from what I see, short term, I don't have my daily charts up.

I am burnt out and taking a break from trading after Friday to take a couple of weeks off. The market should rocket then.

Yo, dudes! I've got $1000 handy in my Ameritrade account. I'm thinking of taking advantage of LU's low price and buying a couple hundred more shares. Did you guys hear about LU yesterday.....they got fine $25M by the SEC yesterday over some fraud back in 2000 and the stock fell $.18. It's been falling since January. It's up $.06 today.
I could also put the money into more MOBL shares.....which has remained strong despite all the chaos and confusion and threats of higher interest rates.

Whatcha all think?
smile.gif

If your using Ameritrade wait until June first, they are offering no commission trades for the Month of june on all ETF, which would include QQQ, SPY, DIA and many more.

I've now been playing japan, with EWJ and looking into Europe, thought I think I'm too late as they just had a good run up.

quote:

Originally posted by TheLoneRanger:
I pulled the trigger on some LU this morning. So far, I'm up about 60 bucks on the trade. I'm throwing my sandwich away and going out to lunch.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

I've been trying to get to my PC all morning....but I have the in-laws staying in the computer room
mad.gif
and I was just able to get to it a few minutes ago!
I missed the morning rally. I set a limit buy for LU @ $3.25!

Oh.....I asked a few days ago for tips on real time quotes....silly me.....that's a free option with Ameritrade and I didn't know it!
rolleyes.gif

EDIT: One last thing....I sure would love to get my hands on some QQQ...but at $35 a pop....it's quite a ways out of my price range. I'm not made of money like Pablo, you know!?!
lol.gif

[ May 19, 2004, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: Last_Z ]

PVN has been the target of numerous buyout rumors. Barclay's offered 14 a couple of months ago and PVN rejected. Chase has been rumored among a few others. With the banking sector consolidating and PVN well on it's way to turning around it's dismal portfolio from a few years ago, I feel this will be sold above 15. Insider buying is up, no sales in the last 3 months. I have a lot of wiggle room since I bought in at 7.20 in April 2002, had to endure it droping below 4 that same year but now it's paid off. Tread carefully, but fundamentally it is worth a look.

Ok.....my order was filled! I bought LU 304@$3.25 It's down to $3.20 right now! Gotta love the markets!
grin.gif

What's with the DOW? It gained more than 100 today....now it's negative?!?!? Something happened I don't know about?
confused.gif

It's a good thing I don't have any heart "conditions"!
cheers.gif

Ha.....I didn't know Iraqi oil was so darn expensive! Where is the oil we were promised?
confused.gif

My car is getting great mileage.....for as long as it stays in my garage!

I know, I'm hoping it subsided soon. I ordered two bottles of Redline SI-1 Fuel system cleaner to make sure I'm running good.
smile.gif

I heard an oil guy (can't remember his name) talking on CNBC today, and his comments were not positive. He said gas prices of $3/gal were on the horizon, and $5/gal was possible in a couple of years. He said that the main problem was lack of refining capacity; that the U.S. hasn't built any new refineries since back in the seventys. Add this to the rising price of crude, and it could very well choke off the economic recovery.

Z, looks like we both had our lunches eaten by LU today but don't give up on it. I bought it because of the chart pattern; the relative strength index and stochastic oscillator look positive (along with some other indicators). I see a move in it up to the 3.70-3.80 range within the next few weeks......we'll see.....
wink.gif

Costs are also increased because many states require special blends at different times each year due to clean air requirements. Mix that in with the lack of new refineries (refineries designed for leaded/unleaded only, not blends in mind) and more demand from Asia and the threat of terrorist sabotage and you have gas at 2 bucks. Speculation is also very high in the oil futures market. Everyone wants cheap gas, but no one wants a refinery within 100 miles of their home.

quote:

I heard an oil guy (can't remember his name) talking on CNBC today, and his comments were not positive. He said gas prices of $3/gal were on the horizon, and $5/gal was possible in a couple of years. He said that the main problem was lack of refining capacity; that the U.S. hasn't built any new refineries since back in the seventys. Add this to the rising price of crude, and it could very well choke off the economic recovery.

Z, looks like we both had our lunches eaten by LU today but don't give up on it. I bought it because of the chart pattern; the relative strength index and stochastic oscillator look positive (aTlong with some other indicators). I see a move in it up to the 3.70-3.80 range within the next few weeks......we'll see.....
wink.gif

You're exactly right, 2X. There's something like 20 different blends used nationwide. If this were cut down to only 3, prices would be much more stable. Production would be cheaper and more efficient. We can blame part of these high energy prices on government regulation, as we can with most things, but that rant's for another thread...
grin.gif

That "oil guy" I referred to earlier was T. Boone Pickens.

Z, I think LU's closing up today, and following an upward trendline.
fruit.gif

quote:

I heard an oil guy (can't remember his name) talking on CNBC today, and his comments were not positive. He said gas prices of $3/gal were on the horizon, and $5/gal was possible in a couple of years.

Since the beginning of 2004 our 95 RON is $ 2.43/gal and 92 RON is $ 2.12 and we are still alive. In Russia the prices are relatively $ 1.60 and 1.45. Given the difference in personal incomes your gas is cheaper than mud. Though it was time (70th) when 1 l of 92 RON was cheaper than 1 l of limonade: 0.07 against 0.09.

Typical bear trend. Short rebound is quite possible in coming days, especially in view of some indicators. However, nothing promissive. For S&P, it may be 1105-1120 and then down again. If to use the proverb "buy rumours, sell facts" indexes may start to grow after Fed rates up. But April-September is usually negative for indexes, so would not it be a new bear market rally ?

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ta?s=^GSPC&t=6m&l=on&z=l&q=l&p=p&a=fs,ss&c=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back