Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best day I've had all year.
I heard two analysts talk of a blow-off if the market continues to rise at this rate.
Now I'm really, really nervous.....
hide.gif

Ya, it's pretty hopeless. I'm in the top 2% With just under 1.3mil, but I don't see how I can catch up, without a Hugh lucky hit. It's been interesting though. My ranking is 16534 out of over 400k. That's pretty rank.

P. sounds like you are doing well. I'd be happy with 65% cash right now. I dumped a couple of losers this week and have started taking some profits from my winners.

Market Outlook: After Stocks Hit Highs, Many See Pullback Ahead

I hope the market holds together for a few more weeks.
coffee.gif

My comment was only 1/2 serious.

I pulled to a mostly cash position because:

a) When I'm sober, it's too much pain to type and trade logically.
b) When I'm high, it's too logical to type and trade with pain.

I'll just watch interest and dividends come in, and try and keep my graphs up until I'm fixed.

put most of my cash and holdings that I am afraid of dropping (i.e. most everything but GE and a few others that do nothing but pay out and give me dividend reinvestment) into ESD.

might as well be pulling 6.7-7% return at 15% taxation if Im sitting things out at this point. Just have to hold 61 days, of course...But I have too much other stuff going on over the next two months to worry about this.

JMH

Lucky I still have half in various mutual funds.

JMH - ESD is paying tomorrow. It's been gaining in value, too. I still have a few of these that I label as "cash equivalents" PPR, FAGIX, PFO, PFD. In fact rather than keeping ALL our 6 month emergency fund in a MM account I put $8K in PPR, $7K in PFO, etc and my wife was amazed that each had gained almost $1000.

Well a good day is a good day, but my predictions suck :0

Quote:

Lucky I still have half in various mutual funds.

UMMMM... yeah, I forgot about those... didnt count that stuff.

Lots of cashin mutual funds, but it is well spread, including international, etc.

I have PFO as well - from your reccomendation a few months ago. Im up 13% IIRC onit since then.

Glad to know that you also own ESD - seems like the best deal in that arena.

Do you know of any good (with low expenses, as this seems to be the problem with stock ETFs) emerging market STOCK ETFs?

Thanks,

JMH

Quote:

Glad to know that you also own ESD - seems like the best deal in that arena.

Do you know of any good (with low expenses, as this seems to be the problem with stock ETFs) emerging market STOCK ETFs?

For CEF's I shop Barron's. Couldn't be easier. I was a little off on ESD's dividend, it's Fri. Not tomorrow.

Foreign funds just a bit higher fees, ETF's too. But not as high as regular MF's. Look at the Morgan Stanley iShares like: EWZ, EEM, EZU, EWH, EWS, EFV, etc... Always in the C second of the WSJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back