Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man..what a day! Who let the bears out? My stocks closed pretty much unchanged. I hope you're right Amkeer. My portfolio is way down from a month ago!
thumbsdown.gif

My indicators also show a downtrend for the near future. The volume is bigger on the down days; not good. After this little move is over, I think we'll enter a trading range until the first fed rate hike, then hopefully an uptrend.

I sold some stuff this morning and dodged most of the bullet. Selling at the right time is much harder for me than buying.....does it seem this way for anyone else?

This is my history with MOBL. The dates on the first two purchases are wrong.....I made those purchases back in Apr-May 2003.
Needless to say, I'm very happy with it!
grin.gif
....just wish I had bought more back then!
wink.gif

code:

Name Symbol Activity Quantity Price Date Commission Total

MOBILEPRO CORP NEW MOBL Buy 846.00 0.03 1/23/2004 0.00 25.38 Edit | Delete

MOBILEPRO CORP NEW MOBL Buy 1,800.00 0.05 1/23/2004 0.00 90.00 Edit | Delete

MOBILEPRO CORP NEW MOBL Buy 5,082.00 0.20 4/12/2004 0.00 990.99 Edit | Delete

quote:

I also had one a few years ago, DCHT that went from .39 to over $15, and no I didn't sell until it went below 3 cents a share. I kick myself everyday for that one.

Yikes!! I really don't know how I would handle a loss like that. I tried searching that stock and it isn't even trading....currently at $.03 and most likely put on hold.

My God...when is the slaugther gonna stop????
mad.gif
I'm losing all my gains....**** it!
banghead.gif

Thats why I sent out the warning signs months ago. These downward trends can last a while. I expect a countertrend rally Monday or Teusday.

Over the last few months, I've noticed the last trading day of the month will be a down day. Then the first day of the next month will be up. This also happens at the end of a quarter. I guess it's portfolio adjustment by mutual fund managers.....

Amkeer,
May be the approach to be "bullish long term, bearish short term" is wrong and it's time to do quite the reverse ? I remember well you was so enthusiastic in the beginning of the year, so it would be interesting to understand what has made you change your sentiment since mid January ?

Unfortunately, or may be fortunately, I do nothing now cause of previous losses, i.e. suck a paw like a real bear.

Primus,

Market changed mid to late February. We were still in a strong uptrend through February. We had a strong pullback in March. The rally from March pullback did not reach the highs set in February, hence a lower high. We just failed on a recent rally attempt which setup a lower high from the high beginning April. The trendlines from the tops are down. The trendlines on the bottoms are yet to be determined. So we are short term bearish as I look right now. Long term we are still above 200 dma which is moving up. Longer term we are still up. Thats looking at the DJI INDU. The Nasdaq is getting weaker since we broke the 200 DMA.

Bottom line is we need a bounce the next day or so.

Amkeer,
I really wish you spoke english!
gr_eek2.gif

P,
Are you buying QQQ?

quote:

P,
Are you buying QQQ?

Been buying and selling it since the start of the year. I'm sure there are better ways to make bigger money in this undulating market, but I'm comfortable with this Nasdaq 100 trust, even if I have to hold it....

I would say QQQ is looking attractive, but that's not a garauntee the NASDAQ won't plummet further!

Amkeer,
I hope your right! It seems since mid-late January, the markets have gone steadily downwards.

Despite all that, MOBL continues to stand strong.....closed at $.23 yesterday...up $.02 from previous day!
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Amkeer:
Thats why I sent out the warning signs months ago. These downward trends can last a while. I expect a countertrend rally Monday or Teusday.

Oh yeah....next time, can you please ensure I get the memo!
cheers.gif

This is off subject but I didn't want to create a new topic when all the investors are obviously in here!

I was going to create an Excel spreadsheet for tracking stock trades. Does anyone have a good tool or spreadsheet that does this already? I was looking for one that might calculate average share price, return on sells, and etc if possible. But any would be great for me to look at and maybe modify. I've looked on the web and can't find anything.

Post what you have or email me at [email protected] Thanks, SW

FYI. I subscribe to trend-timing service that provides a modest 2 or 3 signals a year at the most. Until Thursday, they've issued a daily "Buy" signal for the last year. Well, since Thursday, it's now a Sell signal. Historically, they've been right 99% of the time and their methods trigger when significant market corrections or the bearish outlook is prevalent.

They recommend shorting and/or realizing your current gains to lock in the profits from the last year's bullish market.

Just thought I'd give you the heads up. Oh, the service bases its signals on broad market indexes, like the S&P 500, Russell 2000, and Nasdaq. They recommend buying/selling products that mirror the indexes. However, 3 of 4 stocks will follow their coorelating market index.

If you research the figures that document the short/bearish sentiment, you'll notice they're strong.

Have fun and take profits.........SW

quote:

Originally posted by TheLoneRanger:
Over the last few months, I've noticed the last trading day of the month will be a down day. Then the first day of the next month will be up. This also happens at the end of a quarter. I guess it's portfolio adjustment by mutual fund managers.....

That's a good observation. How many months have you checked your theory? Generally, isn't Friday usually a loser and Monday/Tuesday gainers? I've never had a chance to research what other loser/gainer patterns there are in the investment world's gaming environment. Know any other trends?

Recently, I've felt I could do better at the roulette or craps tables....anyone else ever get the feeling we're pawns on a big-investor's game board? ;-)

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
I'm quite ready to buy 1000 shares of QQQ and sell on a point or two gain.....

I sold my QQQ at 35 after a 60% runup from $23. I thought for sure it was going to pull back from the $35 down to $30 where I was going to get back in, but like usual I'm wrong so I spent that money on other stocks that I wanted.

So far Financial have taken a beating, I'm bearish in the short term but in the long term 8-15months I'l bullish. I just purchased SCH(schawb) and bought Ameritrade AMTD earlier this year, though I was up about 40% on that in Feb, it's fallen back and I'm only up about 1%.

I'm looking towards the end of the year, where I should get a double out of both AMTD and SCH.

I'm also long on NEC( NIPNY ADR from Japan) and EWJ(Japan ETF) where I'm still making money.

Hope this helps

[ May 02, 2004, 07:28 AM: Message edited by: msparks ]

I am not thinking the market will dive to the post 9/11 lows in near term "normal" circumstances. One can never rule out man-made or natural catastrophic events.

That said, QQQ (ie NASDAQ 100) diving much below 30 seems remote. There is still a core of big money holding "bargain" hunters out there - heck my cash position even seems too big. Who wants to be in bonds? Interest rates are still quite low. REIT's got beat up. Metals? Not now. Frankly the market is churning for traction. Yes, this makes some Financials attractive. I'm just looking to make money using the ups and downs.

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
I am not thinking the market will dive to the post 9/11 lows in near term "normal" circumstances. One can never rule out man-made or natural catastrophic events.

That said, QQQ (ie NASDAQ 100) diving much below 30 seems remote.

Yes I realize that now. But back in november when I sold, I thought for sure we were going to take a breather. Buying back at the $35 level would probably make good sense now, and play it to $50 next year sometime.

QQQ trades off hours, which makes controlled buys very nice. Sometimes you can get a good low buy in before the market opens - and often the stock will go off UP, after you buy lower than the previous day's close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back