*Investors Blog*

TSLA is a great company with tons of innovation….. but I think (my opinion) the stock is still waaaaay overpriced. I do admit I got some cash dedicated for TSLA next year, same for Apple and Amazon.

More bad news for Amazon:

Amazon plans to lay off as many as 20,000 employees across the company in the coming months, including distribution center workers, technology staff and corporate executives—about twice as many as previously reported—as the retail and cloud computing giant retrenches after going on a hiring spree during the pandemic. “

Last edited:
Our "real" money (the US$) has devalued 96% since the Federal Reserve came into existence. Todays real $1.00 has the buying power of $0.04 back then.

Since 1950 the US$ has lost 90% of its buying power.
Completely different subject. Fiat currency of a realm backed by the ability to tax and run deficits and levy bonds is different than exchanges that deal in made up pixey dust.

from $1.00 down to $0.04. 96% pixey dust IMO.

Politicians printing money (pixey dust) out of thin air.

On average, a fiat currency last 100 yrs.

The US$ is overdue.
Your point is valid regarding fiat currency - once that cat is out of the bag there is no putting it back. Back to gold??

Fabulated e-monies different animals for the reasons given.

Since 1950 the US$ has lost 90% of its buying power.
Since 1950, people's average income has risen 15+ times also, so it just takes more dollars to buy the same hamberger. Nobody expects a hamburger to cost $0.20 in 2022.

The fabulated paper in our pocket (US$) once was backed by gold (limited supply).
Since 1950, people's average income has risen 15+ times also, so it just takes more dollars to buy the same hamberger. Nobody expects a hamburger to cost $0.20 in 2022.
Now it takes 2 incomes per household, in 1950 it didn't.

I'm not sure how closely this tracks Inflation but I've been watching it. It's down - 22% today
Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 18-55-53 COMT iShares GSCI Commodity Dynamic Roll Strategy ETF Stock ...jpg

Now it takes 2 incomes per household, in 1950 it didn't.
This really isn't anything new, at least not in the last 40 years. Both my parents worked full-time my entire young life to adulthood - from the early 1980's on. My parents both worked in factories often +60 hours per week 6 days per week and they barely had a pot to piss in or a window to through the pot out. Their lives sucked and it was obvious their lives sucked. My wife and I have a single-income house and we live a much nicer life than my parents ever did at any point in their lives. I simply chose better than they did.

This really isn't anything new, at least not in the last 40 years. Both my parents worked full-time my entire young life to adulthood - from the early 1980's on. My parents both worked in factories often +60 hours per week 6 days per week and they barely had a pot to piss in or a window to through the pot out. Their lives sucked and it was obvious their lives sucked. My wife and I have a single-income house and we live a much nicer life than my parents ever did at any point in their lives. I simply chose better than they did.

Education does open doors to a better future.

A decent job 50 years ago you could raise a family of 6 with one income. But times have drastically changed.

Education does open doors to a better future.

A decent job 50 years ago you could raise a family of 6 with one income. But times have drastically changed.
Most of the time. My father was an interesting guy. He had an associate's degree in mathematics and went on to get a BA in political science with a minor in accounting from the University of Cincinnati graduating cum laude. He died at 48 having spent his entire adult life working on the factory floor in flexographic printing - the job he worked while he was in college.

Your guess is as good as mine although he was a raging alcoholic most of his adult life too...so that certainly played into it.

I'd like to return to Musk as an egomaniac and nothing special. TSLA stock is in a downward spiral as he sells more shares of TSLA to fund Twitter which is burning through cash like crazy and now because of his antics on Twitter not only has it lost advertisers but he's also alienating the group of people who actually buy Teslas. There are rumors in the air that Tesla is seeing a high number of orders being canceled.

I'd like to return to Musk as an egomaniac and nothing special. TSLA stock is in a downward spiral as he sells more shares of TSLA to fund Twitter which is burning through cash like crazy and now because of his antics on Twitter not only has it lost advertisers but he's also alienating the group of people who actually buy Teslas. There are rumors in the air that Tesla is seeing a high number of orders being canceled.
Probably worth it to get the truth out in the open. You should probably read his releases. Absolute violations of the 1st Amendment by twitter. Gov and industry colluding to suppress speech with protections of immunity? What could go wrong?

So besides whining about the cruel world out there :whistle:, what's new in the investment forum?

I was hoping the Fed was going to pause the increases and wait until the next meeting or maybe a token .25.
I mean, clearly things are changing in the marketplace, the numbers are changing, why always the inflexibility? They are always wrong on the timing, dont they know that yet and maybe compensate for always being wrong?
They know way more than me but for some reason they are always late to the party and then stay to long.
It will be an interesting end to the week

Back