*Investors Blog*

November Retail Sales Fell in Biggest Drop in Nearly a Year​

Sales fell 0.6% in the month and were down 0.2% excluding autos​

U.S. retail sales fell sharply in November as the holiday shopping season got under way, posting their biggest drop in nearly a year as inflation cooled.

Sales at U.S. retail stores, online sellers, and restaurants fell by a seasonally-adjusted 0.6% in November from the previous month, the Commerce Department said Thursday. That was a slowdown from October’s robust 1.3% sales increase.

Shoppers spent less on holiday categories including electronics, clothing, sporting goods—both online and at department stores. They spent more on everyday staples such as food and at health-care stores, but also on restaurant meals.
Unlike many government reports, retail sales aren’t adjusted for inflation and can reflect price differences in addition to purchase totals.

^^^ Good example in Jetmans graph for other reasons though. We see a down trend in the graph, so I was thinking why a still .50 increase when we see the start of a downtrend? Didnt they have time to pause for now and see if it continues or is it that if they pause they may lose the downward momentum and then have trouble getting it back?

Im assuming they know something I dont because I know nothing other than my last post on the historical behavior of the Fed.

November Retail Sales Fell in Biggest Drop in Nearly a Year​

Sales fell 0.6% in the month and were down 0.2% excluding autos​

hmmm ... I just noticed form the "previous" month which was robust. How about year over year, there is a paywall so I dont know if its mentioned.

Funny we are in a large restaurant area of the state and have noticed BIG time they have been packed with people, I mean totally INSANE and venue prices have gone up quite a bit, so Im not so sure how much people are hurting.
I was questioning my wife as far as electronic sales ect... I mean, it seems like counting on electronics is so yesterday, everybody has them, they all are cheap as heck, who will run and stand on a line to buy a cheap laptop or TV when they are cheap all year round?
Being an electronic buff I no longer see anything exciting, maybe we are fortunate? But I dont think that much so.

hmmm ... I just noticed form the "previous" month which was robust. How about year over year, there is a paywall so I dont know if its mentioned.

Funny we are in a large restaurant area of the state and have noticed BIG time they have been packed with people, I mean totally INSANE and venue prices have gone up quite a bit, so Im not so sure how much people are hurting.
I was questioning my wife as far as electronic sales ect... I mean, it seems like counting on electronics is so yesterday, everybody has them, they all are cheap as heck, who will run and stand on a line to buy a cheap laptop or TV when they are cheap all year round?
Being an electronic buff I no longer see anything exciting, maybe we are fortunate? But I dont think that much so.
No direct mention in the article

But this was:

1671114665456.jpg

Probably worth it to get the truth out in the open. You should probably read his releases. Absolute violations of the 1st Amendment by twitter. Gov and industry colluding to suppress speech with protections of immunity? What could go wrong?:

The Bill of Rights has no jurisdiction over businesses and it only serves to limit the government from passing laws that infringe on the rights contained in the document (there is some crossover with government contractors, states, etc). You have no freedom of speech in my private business and furthermore, I can limit your freedom of speech in my business. I do not have to allow you to stand in my waiting room saying whatever you want to say. Another example is I can prohibit an employee from making statements about my business to the media.

I'll extend this to the concept of discrimination. I can lawfully discriminate in my private business so long as it's not against one of the protected classes (Age, race, national origin, religion, gender, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status). I can lawfully go in tomorrow and say everyone with blue jeans GTFOOMO. Another example, I can kick out all the creepy short people too. There are no protections there either.

People have gotten very wishy-washy with these ideas and think (wrongly) that they extend to all areas of life. Twitter can legally limit speech all it wants - there are no protections granted in the Bill of Rights or any other federal documents that prevent Twitter from doing so.

Last edited:
The Bill of Rights has no jurisdiction over businesses and it only serves to limit the government from passing laws that infringe on the rights contained in the document. You have no freedom of speech in my private business and furthermore, I can limit your freedom of speech in my business. I do not have to allow you to stand in my waiting room saying whatever you want to say. Another example is I can prohibit an employee from making statements about my business to the media.

I'll extend this to the concept of discrimination. I can lawfully discriminate in my private business so long as it's not against one of the protected classes (Age, race, national origin, religion, gender, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status). I can lawfully go in tomorrow and say everyone with blue jeans GTFOOMO. Another example, I can kick out all the creepy short people too. There are no protections there either.

People have gotten very wishy-washy with these ideas and think (wrongly) that they extend to all areas of life. Twitter can legally limit speech all it wants - there are no protections granted in the Bill of Rights or any other federal documents that prevent Twitter from doing so.
BUT you missed the point.

The government WAS telling twitter what to allow and suppress. That is a huge deal.

Twitter alone? No big deal. Twitter+FBI+gov bureaucrats = no go. Maybe in some kind of war crises this happens, but......just for political expediency? No.

The government WAS telling twitter what to allow and suppress. That is a huge deal.

Twitter alone? No big deal. Twitter+FBI+gov bureaucrats = no go. Maybe in some kind of war crises this happens, but......just for political expediency? No.
If true, then the people involved at the FBI should be held accountable. That's the way this works - there are rules and when rules are broken there should be consequences.

If true, then the people involved at the FBI should be held accountable. That's the way this works - there are rules and when rules are broken there should be consequences.

It goes even deeper than that. The FBI and CIA were getting instructions from Congress and even higher.

Probably shouldn't link it here, but read the twitter files for a start. Regular news doesn't cover it (much)

I did, there was nothing involving Congress, FBI, CIA....you can be critical of their moderation policies but that would go for any forum on the internet.

Very, very sad and pathetic what happened. Now everyone involved will play dumb.

SQQQ had a nice pop today, I made a little money.

TQQQ on Tuesday had a pop and also made a little money.

These bipolar swings can be good if you are patient.

Last edited:
Back