Investing Strategies. What is your move?

Anyone think Amazon is going to disappear? The prices are not reasonable.
Still usually better than prices elsewhere ... I've checked when shopping for stuff. Many places will disappear before Amazon ever does.

Anyone think Amazon is going to disappear? The prices are not reasonable.
Crazy, imprecise, inaccurate statement

This wouldn't be why they would "disappear" anyway.

Some things on Amazon are not available at many/any store(s)
Some things are available elsewhere but cost more and are way more hassle to buy
Some things are more at Amazon, but are delivered.
Some things are less, at or near the same price, but are delivered

Some things are available elsewhere but cost more and are way more hassle to buy

Yep, just ordered some gardening stuff, lopper to cut branches, etc… with free shipping.

I don’t want to go to Home Depot even if I were to save a few bucks, not worth the hassle of driving to store, parking, look for the stuff I need in crowded store, check out, drive home and it becomes a chore.

Click, click, click….

I once had a bunch of Amazon stock and sold everything last year. I have some cash set aside for next year recession to buy Amazon when it’s price drops even further. Great company that grew waaaaaaaay too fast when trillions of free CA$H was handed out like Halloween candy.

Last edited:

Brick and mortar is going away.

And as typical for the markets they plunge. I think most knew this was going to happen. A lot of options play I think.

Just checked my portfolio today. I am down 13% YTD. This is a Sharpe like portfolio with a roughly 64% equities and 36% fixed income and cash. It is invested globally.

I am staying the course despite what may come.

We need higher rates.
better-hope-flex-tape-is-as-good-as-they-say-v0-upc8l8yo9y5a1.jpg

A interesting story here. TSMC is increasing their investment to $40 billion for a second semiconductor plant in Arizona.

Don’t these plants require a lot of water?

They do, and some processes need "ultrapure" water which is pretty much pure H20 with virtually no other impurities. Apparently there is the technology to recycle and re-use most of the water, but the tech is expensive and uses a lot of energy.

I would agree that maybe there are better places to put a fab plant, but what do I know.

They do, and some processes need "ultrapure" water which is pretty much pure H20 with virtually no other impurities. Apparently there is the technology to recycle and re-use most of the water, but the tech is expensive and uses a lot of energy.

I would agree that maybe there are better places to put a fab plant, but what do I know.

I assume they go through all the needs plus whatever the local or state government provides as incentives.

Eastern Washington would be a good place I would think. Plenty of power available, a lot of water (Columbia River) and it has good solar possibilities. The Tri-Cities are a booming area.

Cisco recently had approximately the same amount of layoffs.

Wait till next year for the increase in job cuts.

Still usually better than prices elsewhere ... I've checked when shopping for stuff. Many places will disappear before Amazon ever does.
I recently purchased some medical supplies. $260 at the local store, $79.50 delivered from Amazon for the identical item.

As much as I'd like to support local businesses that price difference is ridiculous.

I assume they go through all the needs plus whatever the local or state government provides as incentives.

Eastern Washington would be a good place I would think. Plenty of power available, a lot of water (Columbia River) and it has good solar possibilities. The Tri-Cities are a booming area.

I agree with you having plant close to and easy access to water. I’m in favor of incentives to bring and keep manufacturing in the USA.

What makes Tri-Cities a booming area, I‘m not familiar with that part of the county… ?

Back