Investing Strategies. What is your move?

What makes Tri-Cities a booming area, I‘m not familiar with that part of the county…

Nicer weather for the most part. It’s pretty chilly there at the moment. Also much more peaceful than the west side metro areas. It has been a retirement haven for people for a long time.

Wow, is Tesla bouncing around that "support" I thought it just about broke below.. but didnt? Yet?
No secret I have been posting about the dangers of this stock forever when it was around 325 and I am NO expert but no one can deny I always said its just a car company, nothing more, it uses battery powered motors that every other automaker will start using and at better prices to the general public. Not that I hate Tesla but did it justify a PE of 80 and more?

Anyway, sadly feel vindicated because I got in some heated discussions in here. At least they can see my point now, even if the stock goes back up, it's looking pretty scary right now. You see to me, with no the media no longer giving Tesla a free pass, now that the stock has been sliced and diced from over $400 a share to $141, NOW the "news? media are saying what I was saying a long time ago, heck, now might even be a buy signal once they start pouncing on the company. Though long term I think its a loser doesnt mean I might not be tempted hoping for a bounce but I know I never will, I dont do that stuff.

Ok time to get my Christmas haircut ;)
But the free ride in the media seems to be over, not that it matters and I am not a friend of the media
IMG_0826.jpeg

At $90 Tesla is a buy and I’m being very generous.
52 week low at $141 today.

I got a little money in TSLS.

Maybe Elon can sell Twitter to TikTok parent company ?
:unsure:

Last edited:
At $90 Tesla is a buy and I’m being very generous.
52 week low at $141 today.

I got a little money in TSLS.

Maybe Elon can sell Twitter to TikTok parent company ?
:unsure:
Oh boy, now Elon opened the door for Elizabeth Warren to get involved, I could think of no one more capable, if possible of having a senate investigation, look into Elon and his handling of Tesla.
Don’t get me wrong I’m not a supporter of her but she is getting the support now of shareholders and accusations of misappropriation of Tesla funds can start the ball rolling.
We all know how a non stoppable, guilty or not downward spiral the media can create, after all they did that to a sitting President.
Whatever creates clicks. News and advertising income.
I think Elon can hold his own against her but by the time they finish with him that $90 maybe over generous for sure.

I’m not making any predictions today. This is just all out, but we know how people like Warren work, start baiting the media.

Another example of how quickly things can shift in the media all of a sudden now global auto executives are slashing in half their expectations for the EV market in 2030.

Maybe next they will admit Toyota was right after all?

Last edited:
How long until the Tesla board sends Musk and his sink packing? TSLA started the year at $402 now it's below $140....65% drop.
The board is under pressure too, and being investigated, may be better said looked into if they are doing their fiduciary responsibility to the shareholders or are they “rubber-stamping” Elon Musk wishes?
I take no position on that, except to say, I have to think he made some major judgment snafus.

Last edited:
How long until the Tesla board sends Musk and his sink packing? TSLA started the year at $402 now it's below $140....65% drop.

If he keeps up his toxic behavior the Tesla board needs to have Elon removed and security walk him out the front door. If Elon returns to any Tesla facility call the police and have him arrested for trespassing.

Tough Love is very painful and necessary for the future of any company.

So crypto crashed and now Tesla too? sorry, haven't paid attention, my plan for the last 10 years was index and target funds. I think that'll be the plan for the next 10 too. Slow and steady, I hit 25% savings rate this year and with any luck I'll just do that for another 10, then with 10 left to retirement I'll cut back a bit and focus on my mortgage. I guess me and a tortoise are going to duke it out in this race.

[I did wind up with a bunch of company stock though. Not vested yet, once it does I'll reevaluate if I want to keep.]

So crypto crashed and now Tesla too? sorry, haven't paid attention, my plan for the last 10 years was index and target funds. I think that'll be the plan for the next 10 too. Slow and steady, I hit 25% savings rate this year and with any luck I'll just do that for another 10, then with 10 left to retirement I'll cut back a bit and focus on my mortgage. I guess me and a tortoise are going to duke it out in this race.

[I did wind up with a bunch of company stock though. Not vested yet, once it does I'll reevaluate if I want to keep.]

Crypto is 100% pure trash…. Tesla is an excellent company that needs ‘attention’ .

25% savings rate is a big (y) .

If he keeps up his toxic behavior the Tesla board needs to have Elon removed and security walk him out the front door. If Elon returns to any Tesla facility call the police and have him arrested for trespassing.

Tough Love is very painful and necessary for the future of any company.
He owns the joint

One man toxic might be a necessity

Crypto is 100% pure trash…. Tesla is an excellent company that needs ‘attention’ .

25% savings rate is a big (y) .
Technically I’m only 20% but I get 5% match, so I like to call it 25. Hurts a bit, but when I go into retirement, I only need 80% of my income to have no change in lifestyle.

Their prices are based on what the market is willing to pay. The moment the market isn't willing to pay them you will see their prices adjust accordingly. Brick and mortar is disappearing...not Amazon.
Not sure I concur. Some businesses, even though private, have barriers to entry. The three I think are the most identifiable are cell phone, internet to home, and cable/dish. I know some are able to skirt some of the cable/dish, but that is temporary as the handful of mega corporations are part/full owners of all of these services. Same with Amazon, very hard to compete, even wal mart seems to struggle competing will Amazon. Amazon can continue to be no competitive and keep on rolling for a very long time.

Not sure I concur. Some businesses, even though private, have barriers to entry. The three I think are the most identifiable are cell phone, internet to home, and cable/dish. I know some are able to skirt some of the cable/dish, but that is temporary as the handful of mega corporations are part/full owners of all of these services. Same with Amazon, very hard to compete, even wal mart seems to struggle competing will Amazon. Amazon can continue to be no competitive and keep on rolling for a very long time.
Ehh...didn't you just agree with me? I don't see any difference between what I wrote and what you wrote?

Back