Investing Strategies. What is your move?

I notice more and more job cuts from some very big and profitable companies.

Yes, I think the days of paying tech employees anything they want is coming to an end. It was bound to happen sooner or later. The last few decades of anything goes will be gone. AI will fill a lot of those positions and new growth wont justify massive amounts of employees which will mean more competition for jobs, vs more competition for employees of the last couple decades.

The Fed tightening and interest rate increases is not such a bad thing the way I see it. It as far as I am concerned was stupid too cheap.
I honestly think a massive "reset" "reboot" is long overdue. People think life is supposed to be easy for doing nothing, I think, that is going to change back to a hard work ethic of decades past.

Last edited:
Yes, I think the days of paying tech employees anything they want is coming to an end. It was bound to happen sooner or later. The last few decades of anything goes will be gone. AI will fill a lot of those positions and new growth wont justify massive amounts of employees which will mean more competition for jobs, vs more competition for employees of the last couple decades.

The Fed tightening and interest rate increases is not such a bad thing the way I see it. It as far as I am concerned was stupid too cheap.
I honestly think a massive "reset" "reboot" is long overdue. People think life is supposed to be easy for doing nothing, I think, that is going to change back to a hard work ethic of decades past.

The Fed has always been behind the 🎱 when it comes to their actions.

The tech generation is facing reality now. Playing video games does not put Hot Pockets in the microwave. They will have to get out and get a JOB.

You know the economy is in shambles when big tech doing everything to trim the fat and try to keep stock price up.

I was just about to comment on this. It’s not only the fact that Google is stopping this plan but the future is in doubt. San Jose now has a 80 acre section of downtown that looks like a mining operation. It might be years before anyone thinks about doing anything with that property. This was going to be a grand development for the city including housing, retail and entertainment on top of the Google part.

You are 100% that A.I. will weed out non necessary employees and will increase productivity / efficiencies in any business.

The massive reset is necessary and will be good.

I work in healthcare and everything is about maximizing every penny, eliminate all waste and inefficiency.

Last edited:
You are 100% that A.I. will weed out non necessary employees and will increase productivity / efficiencies in any business.

The massive reset is necessary and will be good.

I work in healthcare and everything is about maximizing every penny, eliminate all waste and inefficiency.

From what I have heard, healthcare is spending tons of money just to get people in the door to work. Huge incentives everywhere. Hospitals are running well above capacity and everyone is stretched thin.

You know the economy is in shambles when big tech doing everything to trim the fat and try to keep their stock price up.
Shambles? Our current problem is the economy is TOO GOOD! Inflation is in large part being driven by a hot economy. GDP is up. Unemployment is still low. The housing market around here is still hot. The market YTD is up. My business is having its best year ever and we are sending fewer people to collections than at any time in the past 10 years. I just got home from Universal in Florida which was jam-packed. The airport and both planes were jam-packed. Restaurants around here are jam-packed. I've already maxed out all my retirement accounts for 2023.

Where are the shambles?

Last edited:
I have the option locking into a Sagicor Annuity at 5.3% for 5 years, what do you think?

What are the fees?

I’m not a fan of annuities.
Good question, I'll have to look into that. Basically our advisor says it's a good time to lock in now because he thinks this is the peak and good to hedge against the market going down.

Good question, I'll have to look into that. Basically our advisor says it's a good time to lock in now because he thinks this is the peak and good to hedge against the market going down.

Something to ponder; life insurance companies sell financial products for a price that is much higher than what you will spend buying the same investments on your own. So check what expense fees you are paying for your portfolio. Then, when time comes they like to flip everything into an annuity which sounds great to the consumer but again you are paying fees for that service. In other words they get you coming and going.

Back