Investing Strategies. What is your move?

Lots of businesses will simply walk away from commercial properties known as strategic default. They have the cash to pay but won’t.

Hotels are in a particular bind. The big chains like Marriott have massive property holdings.

The trend is now sets and it’s ⬇️ . Retail sales were lower than expected in March and that’s four out of the last five months.

Consumer Defensive Spending has taken hold.

The trend is now sets and it’s ⬇️ . Retail sales were lower than expected in March and that’s four out of the last five months.

Consumer Defensive Spending has taken hold.

Maybe some people are getting close to maxing out their credit cards and banks won’t raise the limit ?

Lots of working class people are very tight on money and inflation destroys their budget.

Folks on TV say nothing to worry about, economy still very strong.

Maybe some people are getting close to maxing out their credit cards and banks won’t raise the limit ?

Lots of working class people are very tight on money and inflation destroys their budget.

Folks on TV say nothing to worry about, economy still very strong.

The credit card story is complicated. Many are using their cards for everyday purchases and paying the balance at the end of the month. Newer pay methods like Apple Pay boost these statistics.

What I look at is card balance carryover and overdue credit card payments. Those are on the increase.

I wonder how many really don’t know how to cut their budgets? They have lived spoiled for most of their lives. I am sure there are many who can’t cut back on their expensive coffees or other things they have gotten used to. So they continue to go deeper in debt.

Lots of debt bubbles will be popping very soon.

Hotels are in a particular bind. The big chains like Marriott have massive property holdings.

Expect more of this in the near future.

https://mishtalk.com/economics/a-mu...ure-wipes-out-a-3200-unit-building-in-houston

Multifamily Apartment Owner Foreclosed On 3,200 Units in Houston​

A record $151.8 billion in mortgages backed by apartment buildings are set to expire this year, and $940.1 billion over the next five years. Good luck with that.

Last edited:
Lots of debt bubbles will be popping very soon.

Expect more of this in the near future.

https://mishtalk.com/economics/a-mu...ure-wipes-out-a-3200-unit-building-in-houston

Multifamily Apartment Owner Foreclosed On 3,200 Units in Houston​

A record $151.8 billion in mortgages backed by apartment buildings are set to expire this year, and $940.1 billion over the next five years. Good luck with that.
I know a Mass orthodontists who currently has $350M in real estate holdings. He simply buys, refinances, takes the equity from the first purchase and buys a second. He’s been doing this for 15 years and interestingly he’s not worried about interest rates or the current environment. He said he’s going to continue doing what he’s done and while it’s a bit of hit while rates are up he’ll just refi when they go back down. It could be wishful thinking on his part but he claims the numbers still work. Who knows?

Apple expands its financial business with a new savings account option. The interest rate is 4.15%

I heard the clowns on the rat-gee-oh talking about this AM. Better rate than Paypal, about the same ability to seize your funds if you protest something without politburo approval. Think Canadian truckers.

I heard the clowns on the rat-gee-oh talking about this AM. Better rate than Paypal, about the same ability to seize your funds if you protest something without politburo approval. Think Canadian truckers.

In my opinion they know every account you hold. Sometimes I wonder why we file taxes each year when the IRS already knows everything. On a couple of occasions I filed electronically only to have them tell me my filing was wrong. Once was in my favor. The other was not.

In my opinion they know every account you hold. Sometimes I wonder why we file taxes each year when the IRS already knows everything. On a couple of occasions I filed electronically only to have them tell me my filing was wrong. Once was in my favor. The other was not.
Yep.

I just got a notice for my nickle and dime ebay sales. Crossed the measly $600 threshold so will be reported to IRS. Well hell yes I will claim that as income. And not be an idiot. I will treat it as a biz and reduce that amount by the actual CGS. How many people don't do this, I have no idea.

Of course the IRS knows what your taxes should be, because they get all the financial info (W2, 1099s, etc) sent to them, just like it's sent to the people owning those accounts. An option for some people when doing their taxes (depending on their filing situation) is to allow the IRS to do their taxes, lol.

Last edited:
Apple expands its financial business with a new savings account option. The interest rate is 4.15%

Yeah, that’s pretty impressive and definitely good for the folks that don’t watch the measly rates their getting in the local bank

I just got a notice for my nickle and dime ebay sales. Crossed the measly $600 threshold so will be reported to IRS.
Hummm ... says it's not applicable to 2022 taxes. But maybe you're paying the estimated 1st quarter taxes for 2023?

1681765272172.png

Hummm ... says it's not applicable to 2022 taxes. But maybe you're paying the 1st quarter of 2023?

View attachment 151078
No they just notified me is all - about 2023 tax year - no taxes YET just crossed the threshold and to expect a 1099

Earnings season not doing well. TSLA getting spanked down over 7% in after hours trading.

Look for a number of newer multi asset fixed income instruments to hit the investor sphere. Investors want safety but the regular fixed income products are not providing it.

Back