Investing Strategies. What is your move?

I would not be surprised to see the Fed hike the rate by 100bp this time around.

Then again, they may be timid as well.

I just looked at precious metals charts and they all look broken headed much lower...like March 2020 levels short term. I don't know how many people here trade technically using charts but the monthly precious metals charts all look terrible.

On a fundamentals note platinum will probably be the worst preformer since it's purpose in cat converters is ending in electric cars like silver has never recovered after photographic film was discontinued because of digital cameras

I mentioned last week commodities signalling inflation has hit it's peak. The question is will corporations continue price gouging or not
it would be idiotic for the FED to raise rates more than a 1/4 point what with commods falling off a cliff and gold getting tarnished LOL

if they do raise more its so they can kill the labor market and drop wages

Oils under 99 a barrel right now...let's see how long it takes ur local gasoline station to drop the price a dime lol

They like to raise prices the same day oil runs up a couple dollars...I've seen shell raise prices twice in one day
oils at 91 and according to my daily chart on its way to 75...since i made my last post gas only lowered a dime in my area while oil price is down almost 10 from last week

Last edited:
oils at 91 and according to my daily chart on its way to 75...since i made my last post gas only lowered a dime in my area while oil price is down almost 10 from last week
Gas makers and sellers need to hold on to the gouge factor as long as possible to fill their bank accounts. 92 octane here is still 5.92/gal ... just got some couple days ago.

it would be idiotic for the FED to raise rates more than a 1/4 point what with commods falling off a cliff and gold getting tarnished LOL

if they do raise more its so they can kill the labor market and drop wages

My opinion:
FED needs to raise rates 1% even if it hurts the markets.

The chickens are now coming home to roost and lots of bad news on the horizon.

Futures commodity charts don't agree with you. As far as the stock market it will slide down to the April 2020 levels no matter what the fed does

Latest commentary on the PPI from ShadowStats.

I N F L A T I O N - FLASH (July 14): The original Finished Goods - Producer Price Index Series, which goes back to 1948, hit its second highest annual inflation level in history, at 18.6% in June 2022, the strongest showing since the historical record-high 19.6% of November 1974, while the current Final-Demand Goods PPI-FD series (created in 2009) hit another all-time (13-year) high of 17.4% in June 2022, up from the prior 16.6% series record in May 2022.

My investments are up quite a bit so far in July. Have we passed the bottom?

I'm expecting earnings to be down right across the board over the next few months so stocks may go lower (but then again maybe not).

Remember that the stock market will turn around before the economy does. It has in the past anyway.

I've been buying a bit here and there but haven't put any serious money on the table yet. As a buy and hold investor, nothing I own is into capital loss territory so I haven't even had any capital losses to harvest.

My investments are up quite a bit so far in July. Have we passed the bottom?

I'm expecting earnings to be down right across the board over the next few months so stocks may go lower (but then again maybe not).

Remember that the stock market will turn around before the economy does. It has in the past anyway.

I've been buying a bit here and there but haven't put any serious money on the table yet. As a buy and hold investor, nothing I own is into capital loss territory so I haven't even had any capital losses to harvest.

I would not look at one months performance as a turnaround. The thing is, by the the time we figure the market has indeed turned around several months have passed. On the other hand the markets can be cruel. During secular bear markets you can have cyclical bull markets of 6-18 months within that bear market.

If you are in for the long haul just dollar cost average every month. Make sure your asset allocation matches your risk tolerance and age.

I would not look at one months performance as a turnaround. The thing is, by the the time we figure the market has indeed turned around several months have passed. On the other hand the markets can be cruel. During secular bear markets you can have cyclical bull markets of 6-18 months within that bear market.

If you are in for the long haul just dollar cost average every month. Make sure your asset allocation matches your risk tolerance and age.
I have 20 more years until retirement...who cares... :)

Back