Interesting post by an Amsoil dealer on Mobile 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this on another forum. Interesting to see the varied information that Mobile 1 has generated.

"Hello everyone. I have been a full time AMSOIL synthetic lubricants dealer for the past 20 years and I am reading a lot of posts on here that are spreading around some woefully incorrect information, claiming Mobil 1 is no longer a true, PAO, or Group IV based synthetic oil. This is NOT TRUE! Please folks, don't believe everything you read on the Internet as the gospel truth.

Mobil 1 synthetic oil most certainly IS a Group IV synthetic oil manufactured from the traditional PAO base stock! It pains me to see people on this web site draining out their Mobil 1 synthetic oil and installing an inferior oil in its place, based on this Internet rumor that is totally incorrect!

But don't believe me, call Mobil 1 and talk to them yourself, as I did. They will tell you this Internet rumor is a total lie! ---> 1-800-662-4525

If anyone here would like further accurate information on synthetic oils, or industry leading AMSOIL synthetic motor oils in specific, feel free to e-mail me and it will be my pleasure.

Steve
CEO of Hi-Tech Oil Co.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprised this guy is saying that. Well to be honest, i don't agree with him but I will tell you I saw something that made me think the regular M1 is teh PAO version. I took my car to Goodyear to have the brakes looked at and they had Mobil 1 brochures. The EP line was labled as "a blend of synthetic base stocks" while the regular M1 was "Fully synthetic". Regardless, it doesn't matter. On a side note, Dr. Yu is no longer with Amsoil. Dan Peterson is the go to guy now.

Quote:

It pains me to see people on this web site draining out their Mobil 1 synthetic oil and installing an inferior oil in its place,

Sure, I agree, M1 oils, whatever the formulation, provide synthetic performance.

Quote:

But don't believe me, call Mobil 1 and talk to them yourself, as I did. They will tell you this Internet rumor is a total lie! ---> 1-800-662-4525

And as we all know, this proves nothing. The sales tech's are providing the "100% synthetic fluids" answer, just like they were instructed.

Read the Eneos thread at the top of the forum list. Did the Eneos sales manager reveal the base oils of the Eneos formulations?

Obviously, no. It's proprietary information and no one talks about this in a public situation.

Please respect the Amsoil dealers here on this site but NOT posting a non-site Amsoil dealers web site.
frown.gif

Also, I'll believe our sources here on BITOG then 99% of Amsoil salesman.

Amsoil dealers like Pablo, Gary, and a couple others here I trust.
thumbsup.gif

Why, because they will tell you that their product is not the only one out there. We do have some
pat2.gif
which almost every post is Amsoil this or that and everything else is #@$%!.
smirk.gif

Take care, Bill
patriot.gif

PS: I've notified the mods to have the link removed..

I'm in total agreement with what Bill in Utah says about the BITOG Amsoil reps vs. most of the rest. But let's face it: most salesman behave like, um, salesmen regardless of the commodity sold—oil, cars, computers, houses, widgets, blow-up dolls, you name it. They'll say anything, including unjustifiably trashing good competing products, and promise the world to make the sale. Of course, once you have a problem after the sale, they don't know you any more....

That said, I have to be impressed with an Amsoil rep who is trying to stop a negative (and apparently unfounded?) rumor about a competitor's product.

Sold Persian rugs last week and this week is an oil expert. What a deal. I hate the way Amsoil markets but love their products....like that headache medicine commercial I keep seeing
smile.gif

Quote:

Please respect the Amsoil dealers here on this site but NOT posting a non-site Amsoil dealers web site.

It wasn't posted to promote anyone. Quite the contrary. I doubt anyone here would deal with someone that says such things. If anything, it boosted the creds of the good Amsoil guys on this site.

Is it too much to ask to get the name of an oil right? It is Mobil, not mobile. When something is spelled incorrectly, it detracts from the veracity of the message. This is an oil forum, if nothing else, the oil should be addressed properly. Now I see why Pablo gets irritated by AMS oil, or AMSoil. We are not grammar champions but we are not retards either.

I know this has nothing to do with the post. I watched the Al Amatuzio DVD. It started kinda slow.

I did not realize he was selling the stuff in the mid 60s.
He really was before his time............

It was other companies developing the products. Amatuzio simply put them in a bottle(can) and started a Multi-Level Maketing network of sales suing very creative marketing slogans, such as "First In Synthetics".

Quote:

But don't believe me,...

No prob.
nono.gif

You know, I was wondering how the whole thing would go down when grpIII oils gained popularity by showing their worth in both tests and real world applications.
Those who have been purchasing Mobil PAO basestock, and making claims to it being the tell all of engine oils, are going to have to look for another angle...especially since much of their marketing has been focused at dissing anything but what they are using.

Something will change, be it price, formula, or marketing tactics. I suspect that latter first. And the post provided seems to be following that path.
dunno.gif

One post by an Amsoil dealer? - "Something will change......marketing tactics.....the post provided seems to be following that path."

I think not. Amsoil seems to be releasing the most excellent series of products in the history of the company and sales are accelerating.

"It was other companies developing the products. Amatuzio simply put them in a bottle(can) and started a Multi-Level Maketing network...."

Nope - Al did just a little more than that. Sure he wasn't blending the oils himself - but he was driving Hatco. They would not have done it alone. And no stores wanted it on the shelf.

People who think Amsoil's products are simply Mobil 1 PAO's, only, or are somehow rebadged M1 simply don't know the products. For better or worse Amsoil has shown their oils and products to be very different than Mobil. Amsoil will keep doing what they are doing - because it is successful.

Well, when I first got involved back in 1977, guys told me about how Al blended the stuff in 55 gal drums (mostly evenings and weekends, since he had a full time job at the time). And then he put it in gallon jugs. And he delivered it, and wiped the dust off the containers in the few stores that had some on the shelf.h

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back