Interesting find - 93 Octane No Ethanol

While getting zero ethanol 87 octane gas for my mower at my local Chevron today, I noticed a separate pump that I've never paid any attention to before. I thought maybe it was kerosene or something, but it turned out to be 93 octane no ethanol gas. It also had a big sticker on the pump that said "Not a Chevron product", so no idea who supplies it. I had no idea this type of fuel was available. Is this a fairly common fuel for areas that sell ethanol free gas, or is it somewhat rare?

I'm pretty sure almost all of the ethanol-free gasoline in my area (Minnesota) is 93 octane. I don't believe I've seen 87 ethanol-free for many years.

A couple of locations locally sell ethanol free 93 octane but it’s around $5 a gallon. Most of their customers are using it in their lawn equipment. I’ve never seen 87 octane EO gas.

I'm pretty sure almost all of the ethanol-free gasoline in my area (Minnesota) is 93 octane. I don't believe I've seen 87 ethanol-free for many years.
Everything that's E0 I've seen in MN is 91 octane (though that's common in many stations, particularly up north). Kwik Trip is a major player in this market but I've seen it all over the state. A quick google suggests state law mandates E0 to be 91 octane (meaning no 87 E0 which is common in NE/IA/sometimes in WI).

we have 91 and 93 ethanol free from Chevron and Shell.
Esso does not have the sticker that claims it "may have ethanol" on the 91, so I'm presuming it's also ethanol-free.
Never heard of 87 ethanol free

I'm near a lake - every gas station sells ethanol free gas. It's real popular with the boating community ... that's great for people who don't want to deal with all of the problems ethanol causes with carburetors.

Most of the stations sell 91 or 90 E0 but there's one or two selling 87E0.

Cool. I didn't realize how common 93 zero ethanol was, or how uncommon 87 zero ethanol was.

FWIW, the 93 zero ethanol at my local Chevron was $4.89/gallon.

No corn, all I see here in MN is 91 octane, at least in the ringed suburbs if Minneapolis.
According to pure-gas.org, there are a handful of E0 87 offerings in MN. I regularly travel I94. There is one just off the interstate in Brandon, MN.

Back