Installed.. Four Frantz Bypass Filters on My Powerstroke

Status
Not open for further replies.
awsome ...heck , the only place left for you to hook another bypass to is the winshield washer pump!
grin.gif
...maybe the master cylinder too.
Fun read ...just changed the tranny and oil filter on my altima today ..tranny for the first time ( maybe 3000 miles ) didn't look nearly as hammered as the first one you pulled out of your tranny ...then again I have had Mobile 1 ATF in from day one ...keep up the good work .

That's a lot of plumbing under your hood. Great job. Love your photos, which have inspired me to install my Frantz filters.

When you change the TPs, do you just let the oil drip to the ground with a pan catching it? I notice in your photos that you use exclusively worm type hose clamps. I know they are convenient to use, but I also heard that they may harm the hoses and cause leak.

After installing my Frantz fuel filter in the trunk I will be done with all the installations because there is no more room in my engine bay to accommodate a coolant bypass filter.

Yeah i tried using a worm clamp for my Magnefine and it leaked. I went to Home Depot and bought a flaring tool and flared the fittings and put on a locking flare clamp and its tighter than ever and doesnt leak a drop. And btw, i returned the flaring tool after i was done
cool.gif
cool.gif

quote:

Originally posted by sifan:
That's a lot of plumbing under your hood. Great job. Love your photos, which have inspired me to install my Frantz filters.

When you change the TPs, do you just let the oil drip to the ground with a pan catching it? I notice in your photos that you use exclusively worm type hose clamps. I know they are convenient to use, but I also heard that they may harm the hoses and cause leak.

After installing my Frantz fuel filter in the trunk I will be done with all the installations because there is no more room in my engine bay to accommodate a coolant bypass filter.

The filters under the hood I just wrap a rag underneath them to catch any fluid.. Sometimes I don't spill a drop..Whatever spills out, the rags catch it.. The filters under the truck
I just place a rag directly underneath and that does the trick.. I turn off the ball valve to the Frantz Trans so that the oil cooler doesn't drain itself.. I haven't had any leaky worm clamps yet. I don't cinch them down too tight anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back