NOS Frantz Bypass Filters Arrived:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 1977c10phxdriver
I have two Franz filter going now. I have to ask, why the sleeves? Has TP changed the cardboard diameter as of late? I have a half case of original Franz TP on hand and a few gaskets too.

The sleeves are for store bought rolls that are 1 5/8", not 1 1/2" that you're using. The Frantz filters you buy are 1 5/8" cores with 1 1/2" inserts so it fits the Frantz Filter. I do have some Frantz filters that I'll be using in the future, but I bought them to see how they compare to store bought brands. I've settled on using Scott 1000 and Kirkland rolls for oil and the Frantz rolls for fuel. What are you using your Frantz on and how do you like it? Here are some pictures of the Frantz rolls and the inserts I mentioned in a Kirkland roll.:)

Frantz roll:

Frantz cardboard sleeves:

Kirkland roll with Frantz cardboard sleeves:

While not nearly as nice as a stainless steel sleeve, I've been using a stack of o rings on the center tube. Works GREAT!

Originally Posted By: jacobs
While not nearly as nice as a stainless steel sleeve, I've been using a stack of o rings on the center tube. Works GREAT!

True that's what a lot of guys use as well. I've also tried using empty center rolls and cut them length wise and slipping them in the roll. Been using that method on my motorguards and seems to work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back