Inside The BITOG Bachelor's Bedroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kept the Kendall case on my closet door because I thought it was the best looking oil case I'd ever seen. I also really like the black Kendall bottles, so I cut the front and back off two empty ones and put them on the wall. I plan on keeping 4-5 quarts of the GT-1 unopened for display.

Ok you look perfectly fine/normal and probably better than most on here. Personality and confidence are probably the biggest thing the ladies look for in the beginning. Having your own place when you're ready is also probably at the top of the list. The book, Dating for Dummies is pretty good and also mentions having your own place. Nothing wrong being single and the topic has come up on here before.
thumbsup2.gif

I don't think what I'd want for a house would impress anyone. My plan is to build a small shop with an apartment, not much bigger than a two car garage, if that. I'd like to have a lift and a compressor to do my own maintenance. Maybe in a few years when my credit is good enough to take out a loan that size. For the time being, this works.

Hey, your place, do as you will. Could be those other folks are jealous they don't have unopened GT-1...
You look like decent guy, you'll do just fine when you decide not to be a bachelor anymore.
I should show you some shots of a friend of mine that is into vintage stereo like you are into oil.
Ever walk into a stereo shop in the 70's? Kenwood, Marantz, Pioneer, Dual, Klipsch, wattage race in full swing?
His bed is centered in 3 walls of amps, reel to reel, turntables, albums.. heck the place looks like Radio Shack or Fry's used to.
You are fine there Mr. Oil in Bedroom... rock on.

Originally Posted By: Red91
The mason jar on the nightstand is filled with SJ rated green Kendall GT-1, the other two are SN QS conventional 5W-30 and 76 semi synthetic 5W-30. The latter two I poured up to do a cold flow experiment, the Kendall I poured up just to look at it.

"poured up"? Now THAT I would like to see.

Yes, but by no means do I mooch off them. We split the rent 3 ways, and I work and have my own bills and taxes to pay. Contribute to the household. Most of fhe 0W-40 is for their vehicles.

Its somewhat common for some adults under 30 to be still be living at home with their parents.

Yeah sadly this is true. Some members of my extended family are 30+ years old and think its fine to live at home. No plans on going anywhere either, and they take lavish vacations every year then retire to their bedroom in their parent's home.

No priorities in life.

I'm glad my folks pushed me towards getting my own place when I was 20, taught me responsibility and much more.

The best thing you could do is rent an apartment.

Are you implying that I have no goals or aspirations in life? I have never taken a lavish vacation, and don't intend to. I'm doing the best I can to make it. If that means living with the folks, as long as I pull my weight what's wrong with that?

Are you implying that I have no goals or aspirations in life? I have never taken a lavish vacation, and don't intend to. I'm doing the best I can to make it. If that means living with the folks, as long as I pull my weight what's wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with that. Everyone is different, both my sons were in the military at 17 and were on their own.

With today's job market, young adults are staying longer at home.

Red91: I dig your bachelor room
smile.gif

Thanks for pics and the old QS oil cans are cool, dad got a smile from looking at your stash
smile.gif

Certainly not my choice in decor, but we all have different tastes and styles so good on you. To be honest, I'm 100% confident that a "normal" woman would run - not walk - if she entered your room. But if that's not a concern then all the power to you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back