Inside scoop on Fleetguard

Hi Jay, I've been curious about using a Fleetguard filter on the wife's 2012 Elantra seeing as though I can get employee pricing on it and keep things more in house. The website states that the Fram PH9688 crosses to an LF16224, but lists hardly any info on it. I was wondering if you were able to get any efficiency info or filter media type for the LF16224? From what I've gathered so far on the website, the LF16xxx part #'s are a synthetic media. But not sure if that is 100% accurate across the range.

Oddly enough a WIX 51334, for the same vehicle, crosses to an LF3462. It does list efficiency rating for that filter, but looks to be about on par with a Fram Extra guard.
Hey there, sorry for the delay. I was able to find more information for LF3642...it's a full flow, cellulose filter with anti-drain back valve. 98.7% efficient at 48 microns, 50 liters/min flow rate and 31 grams capacity. Wasn't able to find info in the system on LF16224, but have asked our engineering group. It's almost certainly a purchase finished part...probably why it's tougher for me to find the info but I will report back with what I hear from that team.

Hey there, sorry for the delay. I was able to find more information for LF3642...it's a full flow, cellulose filter with anti-drain back valve. 98.7% efficient at 48 microns, 50 liters/min flow rate and 31 grams capacity. Wasn't able to find info in the system on LF16224, but have asked our engineering group. It's almost certainly a purchase finished part...probably why it's tougher for me to find the info but I will report back with what I hear from that team.
For the LF16224, looks like we have 306 in inventory total with a special designation showing it's effectively an obsoleted part. Couldn't find any performance details on it though...looks like it was released primarily for sale in Asia some time ago.

For the LF16224, looks like we have 306 in inventory total with a special designation showing it's effectively an obsoleted part. Couldn't find any performance details on it though...looks like it was released primarily for sale in Asia some time ago.
Dang was really interested in that one. The LF3642 doesn't sound all that exciting, I'll probably just stick with Fram or Wix/OEM. Thanks for all the work and response!

I have three Cummins, a 1996 (2500) and two 1993's (W250 chassis under Ramchargers). What are the best long life filters, or Nanonet if possible I can get. Also need the best I can get on the stock fuel filters to go with the Davco 245's please. Thanks!

Can you tell me which part numbers you are using today? Are they these listed here? https://www.cumminsfiltration.com/sites/default/files/LT36389_1.pdf
I have an FS1253 in the 96 , FS1232 in the 93's, and LF9028 all around. Franz filters on the 96 and one of the 93's. FS20081 are in the Davco 245's. I would like to go with the best filtration I can get no matter how often I need to change them. The FS1253 is listed for 1989-93 5.9 on your sheet but none of the others.

I have an FS1253 in the 96 , FS1232 in the 93's, and LF9028 all around. Franz filters on the 96 and one of the 93's. FS20081 are in the Davco 245's. I would like to go with the best filtration I can get no matter how often I need to change them. The FS1253 is listed for 1989-93 5.9 on your sheet but none of the others.
Hey Mike, sorry for the delayed response but looks like you're doing just fine with what you have based on what I can see in the system. Your FS1253 can be upgraded to the FS19519 actually...efficiency jumps from 96% at 20 microns to 98.7% at 10 microns, along with better fuel water separation performance too. I noticed that our literature was outdated and the LF3552 is actually obsolete and has been replaced with the LF3806, which I compared to the LF9028 you're using and those parts look identical. I'll try to see what the difference is between them, but I suspect you're okay using the LF9028. As for the DAVCO 245 units, there's only the one compatible part number which you already listed...FS20081. It's a high technology filter element though, so you're getting the best you can get anyways.

Are y’all making the Mopar 285 filter for the Cummins engine ? And are you doing the fuel filters for the 19 and up the engine mounted one keeps randomly going on back order

Thanks

Are y’all making the Mopar 285 filter for the Cummins engine ? And are you doing the fuel filters for the 19 and up the engine mounted one keeps randomly going on back order

Thanks
Do you have specific part numbers you can give me? There are so many issues with supply chain across not only our industry, but just about any industry these days. Ports are backlogged, not enough workers in various places due to government hands outs and COVID cases, raw materials shortages...it's not fun right now.

I realize this is an older thread but a great read and I appreciate the insight! Would you mind sharing any competitive comparison information regarding the LF16035 and Donaldson DBL7349. These are arguably recognized as the best 5.9/6.7 Cummins filters available. Thank you!

I realize this is an older thread but a great read and I appreciate the insight! Would you mind sharing any competitive comparison information regarding the LF16035 and Donaldson DBL7349. These are arguably recognized as the best 5.9/6.7 Cummins filters available. Thank you!
I'll see what I can dig up. The Fleetguard filter is the OEM filter, for what that's worth. Would you like to see any SEM photos of the various media layers for each filter?

I'll see what I can dig up. The Fleetguard filter is the OEM filter, for what that's worth. Would you like to see any SEM photos of the various media layers for each filter?
Anything you can provide will be great! Specs seem to show that the Donaldson has better efficiency but I have always wondered if that tells the whole story. Especially with today’s synthetic media designs.

Back