Infiniti Q50RS 64K coolant in oil

Hmmm, I can't find that engine but found a VR30DDTT. I was just interested in present day Nissan engine families as we have a VK56 in our 2014 Armada (has been rock solid for 130K) and a big reason I hang onto it is that the engine is simple by today's standards.
Yes, it's a VR30DDTT. The engine won the 2017 Ward's Engine of the Year, but unfortunately, Nissan (Infiniti) has been having an issue with manufacturing porous blocks on the VR30. Infiniti dealerships are well-aware of this issue, and have been replacing quite a few engines under the 6-yr/70k mile powertrain warranty.

On the infinitiq50.org forum, we have even stickied a thread for "Consolidated VR30 Engine Block Replacement":

https://www.infinitiq50.org/threads/consolidated-vr30-block-replacement-thread.134955/

got the car back, according to the tech driver side head gasket failed. $27k worth of repairs in 2 days..... all covered by warranty :)
Congrats! Good to see the dealer standing by their product and warranty. That said, the price inflation is unreal and the poor durability of this engine is alarming. 2 turbos and new long block every 60k? Wow. What are you going to do when warranty runs out?

Congrats! Good to see the dealer standing by their product and warranty. That said, the price inflation is unreal and the poor durability of this engine is alarming. 2 turbos and new long block every 60k? Wow. What are you going to do when warranty runs out?
I had a whistling turbo crop-up before the Powertrain Warranty expired late last year on my '17 Q60S, so the dealership replaced both turbos and the long block (because of potential metal debris ingestion through the intakes). Fast forward to the end of this week - I'm trading it in for a 2023 Audi RS5.

I had a whistling turbo crop-up before the Powertrain Warranty expired late last year on my '17 Q60S, so the dealership replaced both turbos and the long block (because of potential metal debris ingestion through the intakes). Fast forward to the end of this week - I'm trading it in for a 2023 Audi RS5.
i had a wastegate rattle @52k miles, and they replaced the turbos.....so technically im on a 3rd set of turbos now lol. no mods

Back