Napa Syn 5w30 | 7,500 miles | 2016 Ford Escape 1.6T

First UOA I've done in years and first to post to the board. Vehicle has always consumed coolant since the day we drove it brand new off the showroom floor. Glad to see the coolant isn't making its way into the oil. Vehicle is driven approximately 90 miles a day in a mix of stop'n'go traffic and mountain backroads. Oil filter used was a Pennzoil Platinum HE and air filter used is a WTKSOY from Amazon that was changed in October of 2019.

16 ESCAPE-COPY_page-0001.jpg

Looks like great results on your Escape & you're piling on the miles at 160k. Don't see any issue with coolant in the oil. Thanks for sharing.

have you tried replacing the radiator cap? isn’t many places for coolant to go if it isn’t leaking and a head gasket isn’t blown

As a 1.6 ecoboost connoisseur (lol), replace the coolant reservoir, all the lines to it, and the coolant temp sensor (it comes with a housing). This will solve the mystery of your disappearing coolant. It’ll take about an hour, maybe 2 if you take your time.

As a 1.6 ecoboost connoisseur (lol), replace the coolant reservoir, all the lines to it, and the coolant temp sensor (it comes with a housing). This will solve the mystery of your disappearing coolant. It’ll take about an hour, maybe 2 if you take your time.
Thanks I'll give those a shot. Do they typically seep?

Its the block design, they gulp down coolant. Crap construction on the deck.

Go up a small step to Mobil-1 0w40. Do a UOA on it and I'd expect you to be pleasantly surprised., when it beats this oil-out in protection and lower dilution concerns

Go up a small step to Mobil-1 0w40. Do a UOA on it and I'd expect you to be pleasantly surprised., when it beats this oil-out in protection and lower dilution concerns
He's within viscosity for grade and the wear numbers are ultra low.

Back