"Incompetent people" rant

Our cable company put the cable connection pod unit right smack in the middle of the road easement. Neighbors lost use of some property to allow road access around said box to access to back properties. Oh well. Kinda funny more than purely incompetent, but 10 feet either way would have made zero difference.

While there has always been complaints about the next generation, never before has social media existed.

So many people today, have grown up with all the info in the world at their fingertips, and their own Digital soapboxes from which to spew their insecurity based self marketing, delusional lies, and self deceptions.

Ever since 'alternative facts' somehow became acceptable, so has lack of integrity, honor, respect, and consideration for others.
People displaying such formerly desirable character attributes, might even be seen as 'fools and suckers'.
They are now seen as people to be taken advantage of, instead of admired and emulated.

All a person need to do today, is portray themselves as a victim, then they can bully, verbally attack, lie, cheat and steal, complain incessantly, then rationalize and justify such actions by saying:
"If I didn't, somebody else would anyway, and OMG!!!, I'm the victim!!!!."

Incompetence has become predictably inevitable, and unfortunately, has a log way to go before it is perfected.

Our cable company put the cable connection pod unit right smack in the middle of the road easement. Neighbors lost use of some property to allow road access around said box to access to back properties. Oh well. Kinda funny more than purely incompetent, but 10 feet either way would have made zero difference.

One day the city decided to install a sidewalk. On the way to work one morning, I noticed the ground has been cleared of grass, subbase has been placed, and the forms are placed where the concrete is going to go.

One small problem. There's a Verizon pedestal right in the middle of where the sidewalk is going to go. I thought to myself, "They aren't really going to pour a sidewalk without getting the Verizon pedestal moved, are they?"

The next morning, on the way work, my question was answered. There was a brand-new concrete sidewalk....with a Verizon pedestal sticking out right in the middle of it!

The morning after that, on my way to work, I saw that the concrete had been ripped up and Verizon was busy working on relocating the box.

The concrete company was clearly working with people from the sort of labor pool where if you tell them to paint a room and there's a dead bug on the wall, they'll paint right over it.

One day the city decided to install a sidewalk. On the way to work one morning, I noticed the ground has been cleared of grass, subbase has been placed, and the forms are placed where the concrete is going to go.

One small problem. There's a Verizon pedestal right in the middle of where the sidewalk is going to go. I thought to myself, "They aren't really going to pour a sidewalk without getting the Verizon pedestal moved, are they?"

The next morning, on the way work, my question was answered. There was a brand-new concrete sidewalk....with a Verizon pedestal sticking out right in the middle of it!

The morning after that, on my way to work, I saw that the concrete had been ripped up and Verizon was busy working on relocating the box.

The concrete company was clearly working with people from the sort of labor pool where if you tell them to paint a room and there's a dead bug on the wall, they'll paint right over it.
Reminds me of when they re-stripe the roads. If there's a piece of garbage on the road, the doofuses will just paint right over it!:ROFLMAO:

I have a giant white oak tree in the middle of back yard against this fence. Now I can look out and see their long black coaxial cable they are too lazy to bury run across the whole length of the yard and past the base of the tree. As a working man I would have had to sneak away I would be so ashamed to leave a job like that.

Got one better. Where I used to live, there was some sort of underground cable problem so the cable company (Comcast) ran a temporary wire above ground to bypass it. One slight problem--they had to cross two sidewalks and a road/parking lot. And they did. Trip hazard and all.

The underground cable problem MIGHT have been because the original cable wasn't direct-burial cable with the water blocking gel (aka flooded cable) in it. Some of the old cable was sticking out of the ground and I looked at it, saw no gel. Without that, any nick or damage to the outer jacket and water will get in and ruin that cable.

Reminds me of when they re-stripe the roads. If there's a piece of garbage on the road, the doofuses will just paint right over it!:ROFLMAO:

They repaved one of the roads around here. Then they painted the double yellow lines. Then about a week later they added a rumble strip down the middle, ruining the lines they just painted. So they repainted them.

These people probably wipe before they poop, too.

Stay out of a hospital if you don’t like incompetent and major mistakes.
You aren't kidding. When I was in aviation tech school 20+ years ago, one of the students in there was a local surgeon. He was tired of paying people to work on his planes and was in the middle of building a kit plane, so he decided to get an A&P license so he could do most of his own work. I was surprise how candid he was about some of the medical mistakes he was involved in.

One of which involved a lower leg that was being amputated from a diabetic patient. The patient was prepped, everyone was getting into place, he went into the operating room, started getting ready to start cutting, then stopped. He looked at the leg, looked at the assistant, and said "This is our diabetic patient".

"Yes doctor."

Then he said "Where we are to remove the left lower leg."

"Yes doctor."

Then he said "You guys want to try this again?"

Yep. They prepped the wrong leg for amputation........

There was another story about accidently removing the appendix during what should have been a gall bladder surgery. His response? "That ended up being a freebie."

I have no idea how things could progress that far in an operating room environment to the point where someone in there didnt realize a huge screw up was about to happen, but whatever. I'm assuming these two stories were true, he was the one telling them. He was scary intelligent, I'll give him that much, but spend any amount of time with him, and I did, you knew he was an absolute nutball.

Professionals scare me. No wonder I dont let anyone touch my cars.

When you have cities and States removing Honor classes because they want every student to cross the line at the same time, something is very wrong. You never purposely hold back children that are gifted. I guess that’s why all the engineers are coming from China and India these days.
This is true....in my day the schools put more effort into challenging the 'gifted' students while today it seems they put more effort (and money) into pushing 'poor performers'.
In NYC there were 'specialized high schools' that produced some of the brightest students in the country*....a competitive exam was required for admittance... they are now trying to open them up to everybody for 'diversity' reasons...which will obviously make them less effective.

*My HS produced 8 Nobel Prize winners and 6 Pulitzer Prize winners...it would be a shame to lose that.

Last edited:
Back