"Incompetent people" rant

Just need to rant about the seemingly terrible customer service and inept people, that feels like I can never get anything done in my world/life because I'm inundated with everyone else's ineptitude and errors which cause so many setbacks in my life that I spin my wheels...

* Hired contractors to fix ABC in my house, and of course they didn't do it right. Headaches.
* Getting quotes from XYZ insurance agent to switch from ABC to XYZ company. She quotes me really good quotes, so I spend a day going over everything, cancel with ABC, get the ball rolling with XYZ, and of course she conveniently left out a major item that skyrocketed the quote 30% and well above ABC premiums.
* Mechanics fixed my vehicles but many times, I'd have to return b/c it wasn't done right. CV joint was not done right. Then another mechanic did the entire steering rack and pinion, also not done right.

There's other examples but this just eats away at my life, my sanity, and my soul....

It feels like this is a new phenom where people are just really inept at their jobs. Thoughts?

This has been going on since dawn of time. There are people who are good at what they do but depends on connections you have or ability to pay.

Ineptitude exists no matter where I turn, so I find myself doing a lot less turning. I do everything I can to avoid having to get anybody involved in anything because it always turns into such a pain in the a. Just remember you're not alone, and you're not the only one that sees it.
This.

The guy had some issues. He titled this post "A RANT" If that gets under people's skin. Why read it and then come out guns blazing at the one who had the issues and needed to rant? As he said - A RANT thread. Why are some folks just seemingly sitting on edge just waiting to jump, attack the op? Who has not experienced bad service times / issues and complained or been ready to throw your hands up and rant? Guess only the perfect ones. :love:

I am Japanese, but was born and raised mostly in the US. But I did live over in Japan up until recently for many of my adult years. I will say the quality of service in America is honestly completely appalling compared to Japan. I know that is old news but it is really really true. The service, from the convenience store counter to getting work done on stuff, is always stellar over there, and while sometimes something does go wrong(humans make mistakes) you get sincere apology and a guy on it straight away to make it right or find a solution. At my job, whenever a mistake was made the prefectural manager(my boss) was headed to the customers business that day, usually right after the phone call.

Find the right people/business in the US and they will treat you just as good, but it is not the norm.

Just need to rant about the seemingly terrible customer service and inept people, that feels like I can never get anything done in my world/life because I'm inundated with everyone else's ineptitude and errors which cause so many setbacks in my life that I spin my wheels...

* Hired contractors to fix ABC in my house, and of course they didn't do it right. Headaches.
* Getting quotes from XYZ insurance agent to switch from ABC to XYZ company. She quotes me really good quotes, so I spend a day going over everything, cancel with ABC, get the ball rolling with XYZ, and of course she conveniently left out a major item that skyrocketed the quote 30% and well above ABC premiums.
* Mechanics fixed my vehicles but many times, I'd have to return b/c it wasn't done right. CV joint was not done right. Then another mechanic did the entire steering rack and pinion, also not done right.

There's other examples but this just eats away at my life, my sanity, and my soul....

It feels like this is a new phenom where people are just really inept at their jobs. Thoughts?
The problem is, IMHO, people want to start at the top of the ladder instead of the bottom to get the training they need to rise up said ladder.

American's, as of late, lack integrity.
The problem has worsened dramatically in the last decade or two.
There was a time when people took pride in honesty and quality.
Those times are gone.
Look no further than WWII. The country came together and produced some
of the greatest products and achievements ever.
The no work no eat ideology went to the wayside as did the fear of failure.
It took a couple of generations of a lazy, non working selfish nation to end up where we are today.
Today's Americans can not fail. If they don't participate they still have a place to live, eat well, get free housing
and all the other entitlements that those who work and struggle to make ends meet toil to achieve.
No politics here, just facts.

Those times are gone.
It took a couple of generations of a lazy, non working selfish nation to end up where we are today.
Today's Americans can not fail. If they don't participate they still have a place to live, eat well, get free housing
and all the other entitlements that those who work and struggle to make ends meet toil to achieve.

Ursatdx:

How dare you……………..

………speak the truth!

Find the right people/business in the US and they will treat you just as good, but it is not the norm.
I have found this to be true. Almost 2 years ago I sold my folks home, which is in a sought after location in Silicon Valley.
Let's just say everyone wanted the listing... I wasn't sure which way to go and wanted to do the best for my family.
I have worked in high tech for awhile and have been burnt enough times to know better.
I got some good advice and interviewed another real estate agent; he did not even try to get my business; he told me others would likely do a good job.
In a nutshell, he didn't tell me what I wanted to hear, he told me what I needed to hear.
Terel earned my business and has well advised me in several other real estate issues.

Once you find good connections, stick with them. I do.

Those times are gone.
;)"You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality."👏

Yes 100%. Want proof of this? Just read some of the posts here on BITOG. There are many members here who brag of being unethical and dishonest. Integrity to me is doing the right thing when nobody is watching. I live by it.

Unfortunately many others loathe even the mention of being honest and forthcoming. We are in a world of goofballs who have no care for anyone but themselves. It's a me me me society.

Back