In goes the Royal Purple HPS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by gfh77665

Originally Posted by kschachn

In regards to die-hard fans that promote a product regardless of whether there is technical justification or not I think you see that for most brands, not just Royal Purple. I don't see why they "need to go".

I ACTUALLY said is:

"The constant juvenile attacks on RP products needs to go."

Reread and understand before typing, please.

I agree!
cheers3.gif

We've lost more members here because of the juvenile attacks and one reason why I dont post much anymore myself.

I ACTUALLY said is:

"The constant juvenile attacks on RP products needs to go."

Reread and understand before typing, please.

You know what, you're right. They are constant and juvenile attacks.

My mistake that the discussion could be confined to technical merit.

As I said before, there are no "RP fanbois" here.

Hey, I'm one.
wink.gif
There are some suitable reasons to use RP in one form or another. RP synthetic gear lube for me is barely any more money than a conventional gear lube. So, that makes sense. At one time, RP 0w-40 was cheaper than M1 0w-40 or GC 0w-30 here, so that was another good reason. For those up here not hunting sales or going to distributors, RP is priced right between M1 and M1 EP on the shelves, with a warranty right between. So, that might make sense for some people. They have a good catalog of industrial lubes, and some interesting niche products, like the HPS, for instance.

Now, none of that indicates a belief that justifies its pricing in general, its lack of similar rollbacks to other products, or some superiority to competing products. When RP 0w-40 was a buck a litre cheaper than GC 0w-30, the RP was an easy decision. Now, when RP SN/GF-5 is $55 a jug and rolls back to $45 a jug, and PUP SN/GF-5 is $60 a jug but rolls back to $30 a jug, I won't buy the RP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back