I'm going to do it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go big or go home. If you're going to stay with FCA, get yourself an Alfa Romeo Stelvio. I test drove one the other day just for kicks and grins and man, what an awesome experience.

Originally Posted by MParr
StevieC
Have you checked with the Ford dealerships in your area? You had asked questions about the Ford Edge in an earlier thread. I saw some confusing specs on the Ford.Ca website. It does show the 3.5l V-6 as an option in the 2018 Edge SEL and Edge Titanium. You had pretty good service out of a Dodge Caravan. Have you thought about a Jeep Grand Cherokee or Dodge Durango?

Yeah I thought of that two. The other thread was for my aunt but honestly I like the way the Caravan drives and I'm used to it and I could use the extra space for the road trips.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
It seemed like love...it really did. The divorce is likely going to sting a little.

It's ok, it's a learning experience that doesn't cost me directly...
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Originally Posted by demarpaint
Originally Posted by dishdude
So the grass isn't greener over on the Toyota lawn?

LOL

I think the 8 speed ZF is the way to go. I'd swap the Toyota for a Jeep GC.
wink.gif

I was thinking the same, but it may not have adequate cargo volume if that's a concern here, which it seems to be. Durango is a bit bigger
21.gif

Yeah but I can get the loaded Caravan with more Cargo room for less than the Durango sort of thing...

Originally Posted by StevieC

LOL

wink.gif

I was thinking the same, but it may not have adequate cargo volume if that's a concern here, which it seems to be. Durango is a bit bigger
21.gif

Yeah but I can get the loaded Caravan with more Cargo room for less than the Durango sort of thing...

True. Durango is AWD though, and has the excellent ZF 8spd. It also gives you the option of the V8 if fuel mileage is less of a concern. The 5.7L in the Durango moves. But yeah, the Caravan is going to be less expensive, however if work is paying for it, that should be less of an issue, no?
21.gif

A real man drives a mini van! When you use a vehicle for work it can be add extra stress if it is not the right one.

LOL

wink.gif

21.gif

I hear ya. I was stating what I'd do. I like the GC better than the Toyota, the Durango, or the Caravan.
wink.gif

Stevie C
I guess you answered you question on replacing the Highlander. The Grand Caravan is what you need. As for your aunt, she may be just fine with the 2.0T in the Edge. Her driving habits would come into play.

Ok...
cheers3.gif

FCA does have a lot of problems... The Caravan along with a few other models are proven to be excellent vehicles though and it's the only reason I would go back to them after the less than great experience with my Journey.

I also need something with a lot of cargo space so I would need a Mid-sized or large SUV or a Van.

Have you driven a 4Runner? It might fit the bill.

Only 5 speeds to worry about, and it's the transmission they used to put behind the V8s.

Originally Posted by JLTD
Ok...
cheers3.gif

FCA does have a lot of problems... The Caravan along with a few other models are proven to be excellent vehicles though and it's the only reason I would go back to them after the less than great experience with my Journey.

I also need something with a lot of cargo space so I would need a Mid-sized or large SUV or a Van.

Have you driven a 4Runner? It might fit the bill.

Only 5 speeds to worry about, and it's the transmission they used to put behind the V8s.

I'd take that over the 8 speed.

It's done, I pick it up this week... Dropped 1 year on my re-payment term, got a full extended warranty with bumper to bumper coverage for the full 5 years of the loan. It has the towing package with oil cooler. Has a remote starter and the DVD player for the 2nd row. I will pick it up just in time for our Ohio road trip next weekend so I'm going to have to do all the break-in before we leave.
grin2.gif

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.jpg

Last edited:
Sharp
thumbsup2.gif

You realize though that the act of trading a Toyota in on an FCA product may cause a rip in the BITOG space-time continuum and that those holding fast to this belief system may be impacted in a way that will forever scar their psyche. The implications of your actions may be wide-reaching! Hold on, it may be a bumpy ride
lol.gif

Sharp
thumbsup2.gif

You realize though that the act of trading a Toyota in on a FCA product may cause a rip in the BITOG space-time continuum and that those holding fast to this belief system may be impacted in a way that will forever scar their psyche. The implications of your actions may be wide-reaching! Hold on, it may be a bumpy ride
lol.gif

crackmeup2.gif
It's funny you say that because I debated starting this thread at all and just quietly changing my signature instead. Anyone that wants to complain about my decision can go buy their own 8 speed and be upset with it as I was. It really is terrible and when it's acting this way because it's not always, it seems like a transmission that is slipping / shuddering. I'm sure I would have been fine with the 4-Runner and it's 5 speed but Adam liked the Highlander and wanted that instead and as I had to take a loss the payment on trading the Highlander for a 4-Runner would be higher than the vehicle payment compensation I get but would have been fine if I had bought that first. That said, the SRT line/Durango etc. will be on my list in 5 years when the Caravan is at the end of its life.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Ahh yes the old covert "W*T*F" trick. This triggers a double or triple take followed by a long pause and then....

The SRT line etc. will be on my list in 5 years when the Caravan is at the end of its life.
grin2.gif

SRT Durango, heheheh
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Nick1994
You kept the oil bypass right?

Oil Bypass? Don't have... I have a catch-can and that will come of the Highlander before I take it in.

Originally Posted by Nick1994
You kept the oil bypass right?

Oil Bypass? Don't have... I have a catch-can and that will come of the Highlander before I take it in.

crackmeup2.gif
Yes that's what I meant.

I don't suppose this ones getting Carwell'd though, right?
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back