Im done hearing that fram sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
newb here: name is Steve...I heard this was the place to come for the Fram Free support group.

I must say I had quite the laugh reading through the last 18 pages of this post...

My name is Bob and I have been FRAM-free for almost 7 years.

A few weeks ago, I had my first slip. I had to service my wife's old college roommate's Honda on a Sunday and the only filter available on short notice was a FRAM (at least it was a ToughGuard). I felt guilty using it, so to compensate I went out on Monday and bought more Motorcraft filters for my own cars. I'm still feeling a bit hungover but I'm confident it was just a moment of weakness.

My last Fram experience came 4 years ago. i was about to do my first OC on my then Chevy Trailblazer. So I go to the local Advanced Auto and get a 5qt jug of Mobil 1 and a Fram Orange Can. The cashier asks me "Changing the oil on your car" I reply "Yep" He asks " What car are you driving?" I reply "Brand new Chevy Trailblazer" He asks "How do you like it?" I reply "So far, so good" He then says "Listen man, Stay away from this oil filter...I'd feel bad selling it to you knowing you like your car, and your using the Mobil 1....go grab an AC Delco filter, or grab one of those Pureone's from Purolator.....you'd be better off.. i'm not selling you this Fram!"

I figured from that point if a salesman in a Pepboys refused to sell me a Fram.....they must be really bad. I haven't looked back since.

Cut the filters in question open and you will see the workmanship of each of them then you decide, Personally i use purolators on my toyota, Motorcraft 820s on my fords a/c delco on my GM's
I also have used frams in the past (pre Bitog) with no known problems but i have heard startup noise on a ford 4.6 with a fram that went away with an oem motorcraft 820s could be a coincidence..

Fram Extra Guard 3X the protection (according to the box) when compared with other low cost filters. Before you slam it, Fram it!

Originally Posted By: JM19
Don't slam it...

and certainly don't FRAM it!
+1
thumbsup2.gif

I use the Fram air filters and they are fine for my 20k air filter change interval. I mean it's not like they are made by Royal Purple...
LOL.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PT1
I use the Fram air filters and they are fine for my 20k air filter change interval. I mean it's not like they are made by Royal Purple...
LOL.gif

Now you said it...
27.gif

Originally Posted By: talker

Oh, darn!

where did you find that??

Kinda made it edit it some from the original i found witch had more to the s ucks part
LOL.gif

save it if you want i don't care
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back