Illegal Immigration legislatioby Bush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither the Democrats nor the Republicans are willing to do anything about illegals in this country. They are both trying to get votes-that is the bottom line.

Someday we will have to have a sane emigration policy in this country if we want to survive as a nation. It seems like half the human race wants to come here to live. We can't take everybody. It is strange-throughout much of the world this country is hated, but much of the human race wants to come here.

I think some countries should be embarrassed that they can't find jobs and decent living standards for so many of their people. But they are not embarrassed and they are hoping that large parts of the USA will just be parts of their countries someday.

quote:

Originally posted by Bob Woods:
Relax guys, Bush is going to visit Fox shortly, he is just tring to butter up Fox. The plan will die in committee and the meeting with Pres Fox will go well.

Good point. Problem is that it might have the effect of telling many that if they come in now rather than later they will be "grandfathered" Oh well...we'll see.

quote:

Originally posted by Mystic:
I think some countries should be embarrassed that they can't find jobs and decent living standards for so many of their people.

cool.gif
You don't see anybody paddling an innertube from Miami to Cuba. I don't recall anyone trying to sneak over the wall into East Germany either.

quote:

Originally posted by Al:

quote:

Originally posted by TooSlick:
You will never keep immigrants from streaming into the US, as long as living conditions and wages are horrible in third world countries ....

Hopefully as soon as we achieve 3 rd world status
they will all leave.
smile.gif

Al, the way that the U.S. dollar is going, I'll support you guys and buy a cast iron hibachi with "Made in the USA" stamped on the side.
cheers.gif

Add another notch to America's newest oxymoron, Conservative Republican. They spend money " like a drunken sailor", put the government's nose where it never should be, and try to save half of the world from itself ( or just send them our money, money and more money) . Now they are going to give our jobs (what few are left) to any illegal that can 'prove' that no American would want it. I heard that on the radio , and about wrecked my truck! Think about it. Anyone from another country can come here legally!! if an employer has a job for them that " no American wants" A direct quote from what I heard on the soundbite by our President. NO American wants??!! I guess no American would want it if they pay 5 bucks an hour with no benefits, for a $15/hr job with bennies! All of the good paying manufacturing jobs are/have been shipped overseas. 83% of the jobs in this country are now service jobs. Wonder who has paid off the Washington pols this time? There are already carpenters driving to Northern Virgina from Pennsylvania to get jobs in the housing industry ,that have underbid the Latino subs, just to get the work. Americans under bidding Latino subs. This is dam% sad folks.
I for one am willing to pay more for any product that is made in the USA. Whether that is the new Milwaukee mitre box , or the set of pans for the wife at Christmas, that were three times the price of the ones that said ' made in China'.
They were made in Pennsylvania!

Miserable Failure

I'd like to shove that Cowboy hat Bush wears right up his rear end. I'm usually in the middle on most issues but this guy is just too much anymore.
rolleyes.gif

This policy is proof that the free market has failed. If these jobs are so hard to fill, Adam Smith told us that wages would go up or the jobs would be mechanized. Instead, we, the American worker, has been had like a cheap whore; profits/politics over the American worker.
frown.gif
No one has mentioned that not only real cheap labor jobs are taken by illegals, but what about 10 buck an hour construction/land scaping jobs etc.? Those are going to the illegal/soon to be legal as well.
mad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back