Illegal Immigration legislatioby Bush

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do ya'll think? I think it stinks to high heaven! I can see right through it; it's pourus just like are freakin borders. Just a ploy to get more votes and payback for contributors. Why go overseas to get cheap labor when you can get it right here
tongue.gif
I seriously think something is wrong with where the US is headed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was considering voting for Bush, but I'm watching him elborate on his new immigration legislation, and he just lost my vote, no questions asked. Period. It's like an even more warped version of NAFTA or something. Forget "Mexifornia", we're headed for the United States of Mexico
nono.gif

Bush, with this "His-pandering" is just showing what all of his detractors have known all along: He is just like any other politician who will do or say anything to get re-elected. Are any of you actually surprised by this?

Well-this country is too far gone to save anymore. Nothing is done anymore to actually help this country or its people. It doesn't matter.
frown.gif

quote:

Originally posted by tec97:
Are any of you actually surprised by this?

cool.gif
Nope. I've got no problem with LEGAL immigration. You'd think too that the Dems would be big against illegal immigration, since a lot of those folks work under-the-table and don't pay taxes. I thought the Dems loved taxes.
confused.gif

"Hispandering...." I love it.
cheers.gif

www.aztlan.net to catch a peek at the nuts on the other side.

The weird thing is he really didn't need to pander. He was leading in all polls. Wean is a known loser, Gore wasn't going to sprout a new beard and jump out of the bushes with a burning twig in his hand...so why this stunt??

I'll probably hold my nose and vote for Bush, but...I mean the communists weren't gonna vote for him anyway.

There is some weird things in this proposed legislation and it's not that different than some stuff floated by Bush 1, Clinton 2.3, etc... so let's start with letter writing, faxing and calling in opposition!

quote:

Originally posted by tec97:
Bush, with this "His-pandering" is just showing what all of his detractors have known all along: He is just like any other politician who will do or say anything to get re-elected. Are any of you actually surprised by this?

I don't get this one
confused.gif
He's trying to gain the vote from legal Mexican Americans, but he just pissed of more conservatives and independents, and democrats alike!!! What he gained by doing this, he also lost 10 fold from the consrevative vote.
twak.gif
My Dad works for a insurance/investment company and I talk to a lot of his colleagus all day; granted they are ALL republican conservatives. I've never heard so much anger towards a political policy in my life.

quote:

Well-this country is too far gone to save anymore. Nothing is done anymore to actually help this country or its people. It doesn't matter

One word : miserable failure

lol.gif

This is the one area I hoped the conservatives would be tough on.
mad.gif

Pablo, no shiite!!

They aren't anti-semetic at all:

"God has cursed the Jews from time immemorial and they have been the curse of mankind since the beginning of written history. They are an extremely problematic group of people that have been dispersed throughout the globe never finding any genuine welcome..."

lol.gif

Back to topic...Bush is out of his mind. Lost my vote... There already is a temporary worker program. USE IT!

You will never keep immigrants from streaming into the US, as long as living conditions and wages are horrible in third world countries ....

Take a look at how many products are made in China or some other third world country and ask yourself if you would be willing to pay five times as much to have them all made in the US? When steel tarrifs were imposed, US automakers screamed bloody murder and for good reason - many of them were buying imported steel. People only think they want isolationism, until they get the bill for it.
wink.gif

The key to solving this is to promote higher wages overseas and higher living standards world wide, so that ALL the manufacturing jobs don't leave the country. I'd like to see a global minimum wage that is the same as it is in the US....

Would anyone want their twelve year old son or daughter to work sixteen hour days in some sweatshop, for $2.00 and a lunch of rice? I didn't think so ....

Somebody is even now preparing to say something like "In such and such a country, $2 and a lunch of rice is X times more than most other people there get, so the ones that do don't mind a bit".

Promote higher wages in 3rd world countries? Ha haha, LMAO. Good luck on that one!

The only thing that will stop this hunt for cheap labor is when these "3rd world" countries move to a technological/service economy and they develop strong internal markets, both consumer and capitol, and their currency values become more inline with the US. Long time off I'm afraid
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by TooSlick:
You will never keep immigrants from streaming into the US, as long as living conditions and wages are horrible in third world countries ....

Hopefully as soon as we achieve 3 rd world status
they will all leave.
smile.gif

quote:

Would anyone want their twelve year old son or daughter to work sixteen hour days in some sweatshop, for $2.00 and a lunch of rice?

Tooslick, you get my award for the best one liners on this website. I don't know where you get these lines from.

I like this one in particular.

We have a saying in the South: "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while..."

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
JohnnyO - THAT is oneweirda$$ website...

cool.gif
Yeah, they're way nuttier on their side than I am on mine.
gr_eek2.gif
These are the folks who want Mexico to take back the southwest U.S.
TooSlick, excellent points, that's what I've been saying, or at least trying to, for a long time. Just a sore spot with me because I own a legitimate business where most of my competitors are much cheaper because they work under-the-table...and most customers don't care. BTW, I'm in a place where there are virually no immigrants so that's not an issue, people move AWAY from here, few new people TO here. It's 7 bloody degrees outside right now, I don't want to live here either.
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
We have a saying in the South: "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while..."

cool.gif
We say that in my golf league all the time.
grin.gif

[ January 07, 2004, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: JohnnyO ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back