If there was a car show for American made autos from 2000 to 2023

What kind of show? One touting performance, or utility, or economy? All 3? or something else?

Yeah, nothing excites me about the 21st century. But when it comes to a blend of reliability, economy, utility--I'm not sure that prior years have anything I want. I'm talking a blend of all three, which is highly subjective.

The Chevy Avalanche features were out of the box thinking, and pretty unique. I have the 2500 version. There are some things about it I am not terribly fond of, but overall I like it. The LS engines were well built, there's a reason they became todays 350.

Well, the Mustang, Camaro, and Corvettes are pretty cool. Half ton pick ups. Maybe that SS Holden thing that no one bought. The big SUVs. Demons and the Challengers.

Most of the stuff that is remotely interesting I could see at a dealer down the street.
I always wondered if they said that in the 70s about cars from the 60s. Or in the 60s about cars from the 50s. And so on. I kind of think that on dime a dozen cars from the 90s. I had a 93 Pontiac Sunbird coupe and loved that car, and they were everywhere. Now days you never see them, I get a little nostalgic and would like to find one to have again.

I'd include a Ford Crown Victoria, a Chevy Volt, and maybe a Saturn, Pontiac, and an Oldsmobile.

And it's not an American car, but I'd also find a VW New Beetle with a diesel engine and manual transmission.

Oh, and a Dodge Viper.

Last edited:
Ford GT, Shelby GT500, GT350, Dodge Viper, any SRT CDJR product really.

Maybe even some more obscure stuff like an SVT Contour or a Saleen Explorer.

imho the best cars were made 2000-2010. More towards the middle of that range. Engineers ran buck wild and were able to get their engineering to production. Not everything was done with software, expensive hardware was deployed.

I mean the designers that came up with this gremlin...

54364a1c8636b_hd_2004-chevrolet-ssr.jpg

Last edited:
I remember an interview years ago with Jay Leno, they asked what cars from today will be collectibles in the future. The Pontiac Aztec was one he mentioned, just because the styling was so unique and different. I'm not sure if that will prove to be correct, but it was an interesting take from him

Last edited:
Back