If one of the Big 3 Automakers had to fail, who would you pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by wemay
35.gif
You know this could get ugly

Real ugly!!

Pretty amazing seeing how many people want their home team to fail. Imports are propped up by their home governments and have stiff tariffs against American made iron.
American pickup trucks and big SUVs would actually do quite well in the old land with the well of people, if it weren't for the heavy duties. Other countries would be similar.

Last edited:
Chysler has already failed. TWICE. It's really the Big 2.....GM has even failed too but at least they didn't get peddaled to Sergio.

None. If we can build automobiles, we can build anything. Btw, I I have had great success with ram trucks and the jeep line.

Originally Posted by jcartwright99
Chysler has already failed. TWICE. It's really the Big 2.....GM has even failed too but at least they didn't get peddaled to Sergio.

Nobody wanted to buy GM, that's why the government had to step in. At least somebody wanted Chrysler.

The automotive market should experience a major meltdown in the next year or 2, or 3, who knows. But when it hits it should be worse than 2010. GM is swimming in subprime loans. Ford isn't doing much better without having recieved a bail out. FCA is on life support. I am saving my pennies because I wouldn't be surprised if I lose my job during the next downturn. We'll see what kind of failures occur within the next 5 years.

It's definitely an interesting cycle. Worse economy = more older cars on the road with more miles = good for the repair business and the aftermarket parts industry but on the other hand it is bad for the new car business which is so complex and relies on so many other industries. It sucks either way.

During the Chrysler debacle of the early 80s, prevailing intelligent thought was that the other two manufacturers did not want to see Chrysler disappear. If only two were left, the government may have stepped in to prevent a monopoly of two.

My dad was brand loyal to GM for 28 years of my life, I love old GM. New GM ain't what is used to be. I'm going Ford because they have some impressive technology in their truck engines. If I were buying a pick up, it would probably be Ford. EVERYONE has a Ram around here because of rebates, and I'm not a huge Mopar fan.

Cars = VW without question.

Mopar makes good muscle cars, Ford makes good trucks. I love GM products but anything they make that is good gets discontinued, If I had to choose it would be them. GM has the best V8s.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back