If I was Pennzoil I would be PO @ China-Mart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: HangerHarley
In my WM, Castrol is sold in the toy section, where the clown suits are. HeHeHe!!
13.gif

Tig, you dont like Castrol?
54.gif

I actually have never bought a drop of Castrol in my 47 years of changing oil. Everything I read or hear is that Castrol is as good as any other oil, but their advertising is comical at best. When you see adds that have sludge falling on people or money flying out of dash vents, or wierd guys going around wacking people with sticks, it reminds me of the stuff that clowns do to intertain. Thus the comment. No problem with the oil at all.

but you remember all of their ad's.....thay have won my friend!

Originally Posted By: Mokanic

The iron-supplement for women dominated the end caps in the auto section.

The iron supplement is actually for the M1.

"but you remember all of their ad's.....they have won my friend!"

Excellent point and I totally agree!!!

Originally Posted By: jazeo
"but you remember all of their ad's.....they have won my friend!"

Excellent point and I totally agree!!!

Won what?

Originally Posted By: NightRiderQ45
Originally Posted By: Vesparado
??? They had the oil in stock...you found it easily...you don't work for Pennzoil...why are you concerned?
EXACTLY! Or maybe he does! Some of these post are border line crazy. You saw it, but you are complaining that they didn't have it in a certain location? They had it where it belongs...on the end because it isn't selling at all.

FYI...I'm so tired of people using the term China-Mart. You come on here bashing Wal-Mart with that term, but YOU drove YOUR car there and WALKED into the store to spend money. If you don't like the store that much, why did you WASTE your gas to go there?

It certainly was not my intention to offend anyone by calling China-Mart by it's well-deserved name of China-Mart. I walked in China-Mart because I had to kill about 30min. time and China-Mart's made in China air conditioniing was cooler than the 98 degree temps outside. We purchased nothing at this China-Mart and did not intend to buy anything at this China-Mart. I did look at an American flag but it was made in China there at China-Mart as well. My purpose was to simply state that I don't think it's Pennzoil's intention to have their big endcap displays packed on a shelf in another department. China-Mart's fault? did not say it was. Does Pennziol really want it displayed that way at China-Mart? Who knows. We left China-Mart quite content. May I also say that that was my first visit to China-Mart in quite a long time.

Originally Posted By: Mokanic
Originally Posted By: NightRiderQ45
Originally Posted By: Vesparado
??? They had the oil in stock...you found it easily...you don't work for Pennzoil...why are you concerned?
EXACTLY! Or maybe he does! Some of these post are border line crazy. You saw it, but you are complaining that they didn't have it in a certain location? They had it where it belongs...on the end because it isn't selling at all.

FYI...I'm so tired of people using the term China-Mart. You come on here bashing Wal-Mart with that term, but YOU drove YOUR car there and WALKED into the store to spend money. If you don't like the store that much, why did you WASTE your gas to go there?

It certainly was not my intention to offend anyone by calling China-Mart by it's well-deserved name of China-Mart. I walked in China-Mart because I had to kill about 30min. time and China-Mart's made in China air conditioniing was cooler than the 98 degree temps outside. We purchased nothing at this China-Mart and did not intend to buy anything at this China-Mart. I did look at an American flag but it was made in China there at China-Mart as well. My purpose was to simply state that I don't think it's Pennzoil's intention to have their big endcap displays packed on a shelf in another department. China-Mart's fault? did not say it was. Does Pennziol really want it displayed that way at China-Mart? Who knows. We left China-Mart quite content. May I also say that that was my first visit to China-Mart in quite a long time.

Dude, get some of the General Tso chicken next tiem you go in there. It is Sooo good. I want to go get some just having mentioned it.

"Thank You, Come Again."

thumbsup2.gif

You can dislike China-Mart but that is not an obstacle from buying from there when it is convenient.
China-Mart should not offend anybody.It is after all China-Mart.
99.99% of all items there are made in China.
Perhaps the 'Wal' in Walmart refers to the Great Wall of China.

Originally Posted By: Geo_Prizm
You can dislike China-Mart but that is not an obstacle from buying from there when it is convenient.

Just asking, but what about K-Mart or Target? Do they sell as much China made products as WM?

With it being a "Global Economy" today and with this new spoiled generation thinking they are too good to work in a factory producing goods and want to be "professionals" who really cares...

Just asking, but what about K-Mart or Target? Do they sell as much China made products as WM?

Yes they do, maybe 95% of what they sell is made in China.But Walmart certainly leads the way.
China is an export giant, and Walmart is the retail giant, a branch of China.

Yes they do, maybe 95% of what they sell is made in China.But Walmart certainly leads the way.
China is an export giant, and Walmart is the retail giant, a branch of China.

So does that excuse K-Mart, Target and so forth from all china comments?

No, it's more a matter of too many of our fellow North Americans being too cheap to pay a small price premium to buy goods made in North America.
If all of us would put our money where we have our mouths, Walmart would revert to the buy American retailer it once was.
There are plenty of unskilled displaced North American factory workers who would be more than happy to be working in a factory once again, rather than seeing their lives evaporate as they lose their jobs, then their cars, then their houses.
All it would take would be for all of us to buy locally made goods where possible, and avoid those made in China.
I would be willing to spend another buck or two on the goods that I buy, if that would mean that my fellow citizens could have jobs.
Some of us have reaped the benefits of globalization.
Many have not.

Originally Posted By: mikeyoilnutt
fdcg27, well said! I bought this movie awhile back and have been sharing it with my coworkers and neighbors educating them on Walmart.

http://www.walmartmovie.com/about.php

I do buy local, independent made in USA products as much as possible.
Mike

So if WM went out of business tomorrow, would K-Mart and Target continue to sell China stuff?

It took me 3 tries to find Penz Ultra at my local walmart. It was on the opposite side of the rest of the oil by itself! Gets its own aisle!!!

Only one of my local WM's have the PU big display. They put it on an end cap but the aisle was split. If you picture a normal length aisle and split it into a 80 and 20. That is where the PU display was.

As for the chinamart comments: My thoughts are you can essentially say that about (almost) any store now a days. So not that I'm taking offense or defending any comments, but just wanted to say in my mind if I hear China-mart, I think which one?

The movie explains how Walmart does business to put the squeeze on independent retailers and suppliers. As for other big box retailers they probably would continue to sell products made in China. There are a bunch of alternatives like independent retailers and on-line services to order products you want and also products made in the USA.
I just figure when I buy products made in the USA by USA owned companies I am helping promote USA jobs and stimulating the USA economy. Main reason is that I live in the USA and I want to support my country economically. Nothing against the folks in any other country.
Mike

Originally Posted By: mikeyoilnutt
The movie explains how Walmart does business to put the squeeze on independent retailers and suppliers. As for other big box retailers they probably would continue to sell products made in China. There are a bunch of alternatives like independent retailers and on-line services to order products you want and also products made in the USA.
I just figure when I buy products made in the USA by USA owned companies I am helping promote USA jobs and stimulating the USA economy. Main reason is that I live in the USA and I want to support my country economically. Nothing against the folks in any other country.
Mike

I try as well, but it seems to be a loosing battle.

They have good prices on oil so i buy it there when their oil prices go up i stop buying there..Like they say price is everything if the product is the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back