Pennzoil Ultra is disapearing from WMart in Alb,NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Danh
Originally Posted By: windeye

when did the PP reformulated?

Not sure precisely when, but PP on Shell's website shows Noack of 12-13%, while the recent PQIA test of a number of 5w/30 syns showed around 9%. One could speculate this means PP now contains some of the GTL base stock now used in Ultra. [/quote]

What Danh said. There is even a completely different PDS for their PP 0w20 compared to what the specs are listed under the common general one. Lower VI and lower NOACKS point the finger to higher quality base stocks with less viscosity improvers.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Just when somebody gets me interested in a product that isn't Mobil 1, it gets discontinued. Go figure
smirk.gif

+1

I think that having two full synthetics is not necessary for Pennzoil. With a Dexos approved blend, one solid full synthetic is all that is necessary. I hope they rebottle Ultra as Platinum, and leave the current Platinum/QSUD formulation to QS as the mid-level full synthetic, and have Formula Shell as an entry level synthetic. That would follow with SOPUS' current brand positioning.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Just when somebody gets me interested in a product that isn't Mobil 1, it gets discontinued. Go figure
smirk.gif

Long time M1 user here. Running PU in the GP right now. Its quiet as a mouse with an idle smooth as butter. Quieter than M1, quieter than PP. No GM startup tick, no vibrations, no pinging, anything. All noises are gone. Wish I could run it in the Camry.
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back