ID for buying Booze

I had to correct my previous post..

And I did…

I’m jacked that up… You are right.

Though it is indeed sold illegally… And manufacturered illegally… That is true.

I have never ever given Fentanyl to anyone on palls care.. Though we did have a patient on iv fentanyl drip on my floor one time.
Fentanyl has been around since the late 1960s and is commonly used in sedation and anesthesia. The issue with fentanyl is it is 100x more potent than morphine and 50x more potent than heroin and in the hands of someone who is used to pushing morphine or the equivalent heroin dose, it's really easy to push way too much.

Nobody asks their drug dealer for fentanyl. It's always sold under the guise of being something else.

Nobody asks their drug dealer for fentanyl. It's always sold under the guise of being something else.
It's used to "augment" crappy drugs and unfortunately, drug dealers don't check their dosages and units. Add too much and the normal bolus of heroin is now deadly.

Fentanyl has been around since the late 1960s and is commonly used in sedation and anesthesia. The issue with fentanyl is it is 100x more potent than morphine and 50x more potent than heroin and in the hands of someone who is used to pushing morphine or the equivalent heroin dose, it's really easy to push way too much.

Ahh I know that…

It is way way way way more powerful than morphine …

Or dilaudid…

I have pushed 4 mg of IV Dilaudid n one dose….

I pushed that over 5 minutes… Probably close to 6 minutes.

There’s a reason for that.

Which you and I know why.

In a back-room preparation process it's difficult to uniformly mix a small amount of fentanyl with a large amount of inert material. Some of the prepared doses are likely to contain an excess of fentanyl.

Ahh not totally true….

There are people out there who do indeed ask for it….

I have seen raw videos online where some of those people do ask for it.

In a back-room preparation process it's difficult to uniformly mix a small amount of fentanyl with a large amount of inert material. Some of the prepared doses are likely to contain an excess of fentanyl.

Undocumented pharmacists….

It's used to "augment" crappy drugs and unfortunately, drug dealers don't check their dosages and units. Add too much and the normal bolus of heroin is now deadly.

True…

But one MUST know that exact concentration is it 1,000 mcg per Gram ??? Or is it 2,500 mcg per Gram ???

The undocumented pharmacist has no way of knowing that….

Going back to IV push drugs…. No one never ever did I have a patient get sick or throw up after giving them IV morphine or Dilaudid…

Because I didn’t push it super fast… Last thing a person who has had surgery of any type is to get sick and throw up in my opinion.

Though…. I knew a number of my coworkers did get people sick after giving them IV push medication. And that concerned me… A fair amount.

Last edited:
Fentanyl IS legal, with a prescription. ;) It's generally only given to those in palliative care (aka dying folks), but it is a legally prescribable substance, like all the other opioids (excepting maybe heroin). It is also regularly used in anesthesia, and I'll be receiving a small amount Monday before a surgery.

Just trying to clear up a misconception, of which there are way too many about a medically viable substance. You also can't absorb it through your skin like the cop videos show (unless it's a transdermal patch). It has to be ingested.
I was surprised to see fentanyl listed on my meds when I had hernia surgery. My mother in law has some opiates and narcan. She won't take any opiates for fear she'll become an addict.

True…

But one MUST know that exact concentration is it 1,000 mcg per Gram ??? Or is it 2,500 mcg per Gram ???

The undocumented pharmacist has no way of knowing that….

Going back to IV push drugs…. No one never ever did I have a patient get sick or throw up after giving them IV morphine or Dilaudid…

Because I didn’t push it super fast… Last thing a person who has had surgery of any type is to get sick and throw up in my opinion.

Though…. I knew a number of my coworkers did get people sick after giving them IV push medication. And that concerned me… A fair amount.
Don't forget to adjust for potency and water content as listed on the CoA.

What is really funny is you don't need an ID to vote.
You don’t however many folks leave out you need to be registered to vote beforehand or sometimes at which requires some documentation .

There are printed lists of registered voters they cross out.

Last edited:
In CA you do. You need an ID to register. You have to be registered to vote. Some states require an ID when you cast your vote.
I cannot vote anyway but If I checked the box that had "automatically register me to vote" I would have been able to vote and no one would have known the difference. The US needs a federal ID for all legal residents color coded for those who are citizens, illegals get nothing.

I always think it's funny how in the USA they ask you for your id anywhere when buying alcohol even if you are obviously +21.

Here in Spain you can even buy alcohol in the self check out area of supermarkets and nobody asks for Id's , the attendant at the self check out just looks at you and decides, people usually don't ask for id unless you really look like you might not be 18.

I could see maybe it makes sense if the person is young but being asked to show id when you already have gray hair seems silly.
Hope i don't make anyone angry.
From meeting people from various European countries Alcohol isn't treated as taboo as it is in the USA. My dad's uncle was in Germany after WW2 and hopped up to a bar for a beer only to have a younger kid order a beer next to him. Police departments routinely send under age kids in to purchase alcohol to see if an establishment will sell. It puts business on edge.

Reactions: FCD
You don’t however many folks leave out you need to be registered to vote beforehand or sometimes at which requires some documentation .

There are printed lists of registered voters they cross out.
Bring a utility bill and have someone vouch for you isn't hard. You can do it at the polling place in a lot of states.

Back