I want this car (2011 Crown Vic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Deltona_Dave
Now we just have to get the emergency equipment stripped out.
Dave
Can you get the funky smell out of the back seats too? Mixture of human $&#! and human $#!* mixed with a little gator blood smells way too similar to 'Britney Spears Fantasy Eau' perfume.

Any way to tell how many hours the engines have on them? Lots o' idling time here, not so much miles.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Lapham3
These are very popular with the third world cab drivers in my area.(where did all those old/bald/stogie chomping cabbies go?) The government auctions are very well attended
Funny, THEY went to Mogadishu, maybe swapped in some conspiracy.

Price of these things must drive up quite a bit with all the attention.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Is that a bad thing? It's almost a unicorn: police Vic that is not black, white, or gray...but NOT the full civvy interior (it has no console or carpet), and not the street appearance package (chrome grille, decklid brightwork, full wheelcovers).

Also has most of what I want: 3.27 axle with limited slip, cruise control, CD stereo, and even heated mirrors. (Even has a block heater!)

2011 Crown Vic
The 3.27 LSD. Is that an 8.8 diff?

Originally Posted By: andyd
Is that a bad thing? It's almost a unicorn: police Vic that is not black, white, or gray...but NOT the full civvy interior (it has no console or carpet), and not the street appearance package (chrome grille, decklid brightwork, full wheelcovers).

Also has most of what I want: 3.27 axle with limited slip, cruise control, CD stereo, and even heated mirrors. (Even has a block heater!)

2011 Crown Vic

Yup, sure is.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Originally Posted By: shiny
How many idle hours on it? Figure 33 miles for each idle hour.

Holy [censored]...my 2002 Ranger has a lot of idle "miles" then. Where do you get that conversion? Not doubting, just curious. I didn't know it would work out to that many miles of use.

Sorry I couldn't reply to you sooner. Here ya go:

Hours... Or Miles?

How Idle Time Impacts Engine Maintenance

[/quote] Looks like a waste of money for them to get rid of perfectly good cars. [/quote]

We normally have a 4 year life cycle on the patrol vehicles. The higher-ups want all patrol to have the Explorer Interceptors now. Smaller city agencies have bought dozens from us for pennies on the dollar and we have donated some too.

Dave

Originally Posted By: lubricatosaurus
Dave
Can you get the funky smell out of the back seats too? Mixture of human $&#! and human $#!* mixed with a little gator blood smells way too similar to 'Britney Spears Fantasy Eau' perfume.

Any way to tell how many hours the engines have on them? Lots o' idling time here, not so much miles.

Most have roughly 1500 hours or less idle time. Deputies around here tend not to sit and idle like the city police do. We strip the plastic "barf seats" out before going to auction, so the buyer will have to find a rear seat for it.

D.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

2011 Crown Vic

Yup, sure is.

AFAIK all full size used the 8.8" from it's introduction sometime in the early '80s... The '05-up use larger 31 spline axles vs 28 of earlier models... Yes that means the '03 & '04 Marauder used 28 spline axles...

Originally Posted By: TFB1
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

2011 Crown Vic

Yup, sure is.

AFAIK all full size used the 8.8" from it's introduction sometime in the early '80s... The '05-up use larger 31 spline axles vs 28 of earlier models... Yes that means the '03 & '04 Marauder used 28 spline axles...

So did the Fox Mustangs. They actually held up quite well, particularly compared to the fragile 7.5" they replaced.

The Explorer had the 31-spline axles and we swapped the diff from one into my buddy's dad's S10 after it broke the factory diff (it had a built roller 350 with spray). Gave him rear disc too
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: lubricatosaurus
Dave

Most have roughly 1500 hours or less idle time. Deputies around here tend not to sit and idle like the city police do. We strip the plastic "barf seats" out before going to auction, so the buyer will have to find a rear seat for it.

D.

That's a deal killer...no way.

Originally Posted By: DeepFriar
I'm another one of those who has Panther love. Inexplicable.
Same here!
It's completely justified tho.... RWD, full body on frame, V8, seats six. Reliable and dependable. Scare the bejesus out of other cars non the road, haha.
Nice Torque, decent HP.

I drive a nyc taxi on occasion and I would rather have a beat up Panther than anything NV200 or Camry or Escape. They are by far one of the best city cars ever made.

Panther pride
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back