I want this car (2011 Crown Vic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that a bad thing? It's almost a unicorn: police Vic that is not black, white, or gray...but NOT the full civvy interior (it has no console or carpet), and not the street appearance package (chrome grille, decklid brightwork, full wheelcovers).

Also has most of what I want: 3.27 axle with limited slip, cruise control, CD stereo, and even heated mirrors. (Even has a block heater!)

2011 Crown Vic

Last edited by a moderator:
A former police vehicle with almost 140,000 miles on it? No thanks. I've never quite understood the fanaticism about old Crown Victoria police cars.

Just don't trade your cadillac for a microphone.
laugh.gif

These are very popular with the third world cab drivers in my area.(where did all those old/bald/stogie chomping cabbies go?) The government auctions are very well attended

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
A former police vehicle with almost 140,000 miles on it? No thanks. I've never quite understood the fanaticism about old Crown Victoria police cars.

It's a 5-year-old car for $5K. Locally, choices in that price range less than ten years old are things like a base-model 4-banger 2010 Fusion with 160,000 miles, a 2009 Rabbit (gag), a 2009 Focus SES with 240K (!), a 2009 base Accent with automatic (retch) that I'd bet was once a rental, a Smart ForTwo (ack), a 2009 Aveo (the Happy Fun Ball!), a 2010 TDI Jetta (no), a salvage-title 2012 Civic with blown airbags, a 2011 Wrangler that I suspect might be hot, a 2009 HHR with 170K, an ex-rental Avenger, and a 2009 Econoline cargo van with a breathtaking 328,000 miles.

Originally Posted By: Lapham3
These are very popular with the third world cab drivers in my area.(where did all those old/bald/stogie chomping cabbies go?) The government auctions are very well attended

{removed political content which is not allowed on this board}

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure would be nice to see its service history and damage history if any. I'd risk it for that kind of money. The whole thing could be reconditioned for very reasonable money if desired. I'm another one of those who has Panther love. Inexplicable.

If I really wanted one, I'd find one that hasn't been cut up and had holes drilled in the dash.

This one sends mixed messages. It was obviously a patrol car at *some* point, but the lack of speed rated tires on it now makes me wonder what it has been doing lately.

Plus, it came out of Wisconsin. It has seen plenty of salt.

Keep looking.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
If I really wanted one, I'd find one that hasn't been cut up and had holes drilled in the dash.

Sure. Send me a check for the extra $2-3000 they cost!

Quote:
This one sends mixed messages. It was obviously a patrol car at *some* point, but the lack of speed rated tires on it now makes me wonder what it has been doing lately.

At a guess, the dealer put them on.

Quote:
Plus, it came out of Wisconsin. It has seen plenty of salt.

Where do you see that?

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
I used to feel the same,But, I dont any longer: I bought a 2006 ex Cincinnati police duty car last week and couldnt be any happier, paid 6800.00 worth every penny.

I picked up a P71 for $2000, it had 100,300 miles on it. Bought it on govdeals. If you get one, try to get it from a Southern state so no rust. Tenn and below is good but away from the coast. Try and get a detective car, but a patrol car would be next best. NO K-9 units. I had mine repainted for $350 and it looks OK. I've put the money in the mechanics, rebuilt front end, rebuilt transmission, replaced plastic intake manifold, new shocks, new Michelin's. D*mn thing handles really good and definitely moves but boy does it like gas. Built really tough, comes with separate coolers for trans, power steering and oil, all factory, and that's one reason cab companies like them.
It has 133,000 now, should be good for lots more.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Is that a bad thing? It's almost a unicorn: police Vic that is not black, white, or gray...but NOT the full civvy interior (it has no console or carpet), and not the street appearance package (chrome grille, decklid brightwork, full wheelcovers).

Also has most of what I want: 3.27 axle with limited slip, cruise control, CD stereo, and even heated mirrors. (Even has a block heater!)

2011 Crown Vic

That is a ridiculously high price...I live near the local auction place that sells ex Police cars at public auction, and a 2011 CV with 80K Miles would sell for about $2,900 Can or $2300 US

I'd buy one if I didn't have the stang. Course I'd be worried about gas mileage as well.. If I'm worried about that, maybe I shouldn't purchase a V8
smile.gif

Doesn't matter that it's a 2011, it's likely been beaten to death and idled for long periods of time making it essentially a 2000 model car with 300,000 miles.

Aren't the transmissions known to not be so long lasting on these and have intake manifold issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back