I Used to Visit BITOG Daily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, already been taken care of.
Aye, but you can still see it when you hover over the user (thanks to @Quattro Pete for pointing this one out):

Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 2.50.19 PM.jpg

I don’t believe in blocking other members or whining about how things used to be. Even if I don’t agree with 90% of what someone posts, there may be a nugget of wisdom that helps me, makes me laugh, or makes me think in an otherwise large pile of garbage posts.

Don’t think that because I just liked your post that I like you as a member or that I forgot that we had a spat in the past (VERY RARE). It doesn’t matter. The web, for the most part, doesn’t matter. If I like what you say I’ll respond in kind. If I don’t like what you say I’ll either ignore it or post something.

I‘m usually an easy going guy, but can be ornery at times, have bad days, and, on a normal day, I’m as blunt here as I am IRL. Take it or leave it. I’m far from one of the most knowledgeable members on here and I usually restrain my posts as such. What peeves me is when people post ideas and hypotheticals as facts.

I don’t mean to offend most people. Some, like intolerant people, I don’t mind so much...

I don’t believe in blocking other members

I tend to agree. I haven’t been around here long but it’s not hard to get the ‘feel’ of the place. I find most posts informative, albeit US-centric, which is to be expected.

There is only one particular member who seems to be a bit snarky and constantly replies with passive-aggression and sarcasm to seemingly innocuous posts from other members, but I’ve taken to just skipping over them when I see their avatar rather than blocking/ignoring.

All in all, I find this a pretty good forum. The ‘likes’ issue I’m on the fence about. I can see they have a place, but would hate to see BITOG take any more influence from Facebook etc.

I’m a fan of the emoticons. I don’t always have a good response, but may want someone to know I appreciate their post (or have other feelings). I honestly wouldn’t mind a thumbs down emoticon for those really bad posts. Ive got thick enough skin to withstand any I might receive. I doubt some of the rest of you do...

I don’t believe in blocking other members or whining about how things used to be. Even if I don’t agree with 90% of what someone posts, there may be a nugget of wisdom that helps me...
Some people have thin skin and might block/ignore others at the drop of a hat but I suspect that for most people, it takes a lot to block someone. If they consider that person that bad, you just gotta live with it that they might, on occasion, offer something of value.

As some have suggested, don't allow anyone to see their own or other's "reaction score" anywhere. All anyone should be able to see is if some reacted to a post ... that's it. That should shut down this whole "reaction score" fiasco. 😂

Aye, but you can still see it when you hover over the user (thanks to @Quattro Pete for pointing this one out):

View attachment 52441
I understand that you can see a number. And it looks like a total. But it isn’t.

The total has been deleted from the member section. You can’t compare members on the basis of reaction score.

The reaction number that you see hovering is the score since the last reset. It’s getting reset each day. We can’t write it out, but it’s been rendered meaningless.

Thus eliminating this particular, irrelevant, social media dimension of Xenforo.

I understand that you can see a number. And it looks like a total. But it isn’t.

The total has been deleted from the member section. You can’t compare members on the basis of reaction score.

The reaction number that you see hovering is the score since the last reset. It’s getting reset each day. We can’t write it out, but it’s been rendered meaningless.

Thus eliminating this particular, irrelevant, social media dimension of Xenforo.

Understood, just poking fun at the fact that we might have 24hr "score wars" LOL! ;)

Now it will just become a daily score race if people can still see a number to watch and compare. Edit - Overkill beat me to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back