I shot the NT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today around 5 pm I went for a little walk at Fort Miley, which overlooks Ocean Beach to the south, the Pacific from south to north, and the Golden Gate to the northeast.

Just a bit after 5 I saw the Zeppelin NT flying over the SF zoo heading west, then turning north, following Ocean Beach, headed pretty much in my direction. I'd estimate the Zeppelin's altitude at about 600 m (1,800 feet). When it passed over me, it sounded about as quiet as a small recreational plane. The airship then headed east for the Golden Gate Bridge, flew over it, then tuned back south to go back to its hangar at Moffett Field.

The mosquitos were hungry! I think I may have caught West Nile virus or something...

That's right after passing over the zoo, just off the beach, heading north:
4679s.jpg

Above Ocean Beach, approaching -- you can see a person on the beach near the left corner:
4681s.jpg

Ugly, backlit close-up shot of the NT.

General characteristics
Crew: 2
Capacity: 12 passengers
Length: 75 m (246 ft 1 in)
Volume: 8,255 m³ (290,500 ft³)
Useful lift: 1,900 kg (4,180 lb)
Powerplant: 3 × Textron Lycoming IO-360, 150 kW (200 hp) each
Performance
Maximum speed: 125 km/h (78 mph)
4694s.jpg

Flying over the Golden Gate:
4709s2.jpg

Nice Pictures... Never been to SF, but my siblings have...
grin2.gif

Maybe I will come down their and Ignore you there too... hehehe Just kidding! (Inside Joke)
LOL.gif

crackmeup2.gif
See I like you because you can take a joke... You can take my appologies too. Mori, thanks for keeping the fun my German/American friend!
grin2.gif

LOL, this series of photos threw me for a curve.

Looking out to sea, and seeing red is something I've only ever seen in mornings. 5PM and red sky over water threw me.

Nice pics mori.

I like the bridge shot

edit...right after my Lottery win (well sequential wins), I'll post pis of my Sunderland flying Restaurant over Sydney Harbour Bridge.

Nice pictures. The background along with the sunset sky gives it a nice color. In the first picture, layer of mist above the water gives it a nice effect.

Shame he's leaving us. He takes some very interesting and beautiful pictures, complete with backgrounders and explanations...

I guess this is his 'parting shot' - pun intended!

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back