I need a truck and am not brand biased

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that $40K+ sticker price range, I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.

Corrosion concerns are an issue with ALL of them if you live in the wrong environment.

If you are in the "Search by Price, Low to High" category like me, 1-2yr/old Ram express, quad cab 4x4s can be quite the bargain. I got the Ram in my sig for under $23K a month ago.

Originally Posted By: Srt20
The Chevy High Country is very dated. The interior is well behind the Ford and 19 Ram.

I actually had the opposite impression when truck shopping. I loved the Sierra interior because it seemed simpler and more traditional. The F-150 felt like a spaceship to me with all the tiny buttons and sharp angles everywhere. I'm just glad there are so many good options in the truck market. Different strokes for different folks.

Originally Posted By: dareo
One thing i would never do is buy a brand new reg cab truck. They can be had quite cheaply used. Anybody with a family will not even look at a reg cab. Most people will want at least that extended cab. In practical use you want to have some enclosed locking cargo space anyway. The downside is cost and length of truck.

Yeah, used regular cabs can be had for cheap. But all the trucks I looked at used were BEAT TO DEATH. After riding the wheels off of my 1990 Chevy K1500, I was ready for something "nice". I didn't want to buy a "new to me" truck that had rips, tears, and interior scars. I didn't want to buy a "new to me" truck with a dents and dings, ladder scrapes, and curb rash. You can buy a crew cab "cheap" too if you find one used that's been abused as well...and if you don't mind a beaten up truck.

But I do agree with you on the utility of the extended cab or any 4 door configuration. But the cost was so much higher, I couldn't justify it. Plus, no one ever rode in my old truck anyhow. And I like that I can't offer to take my truck every time a group of people needs hauled some place. I have 2 Honda's that can get that job done nicely.

Phishin, i didnt believe you, so i checked my local market. Nobody selling a used regular cab 3500 from 2010+. Wow. I guess even fleets are getting ex and double cabs now. If you can't find what you want then you gotta go new. Gone are the days of dirt cheap regular cabs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back