I made it to 300,000 miles!!!

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted by Marco620
Maybe but that would mean having to go into a Walmart.

Or learn to order online?

Somethings I can't get because I have a po box

Interesting, my dad had a PO box for years and when he got a package they put a slip in the box saying to pick it up at a window. Your post office doesn't do that?

Besides that, every Walmart.com shipment I've received arrived by UPS or Fedex. Don't they deliver to your house?

Originally Posted by 1foxracing
There is guy on the Civic forums that went over 1,000,000 on his own Civic (Medical Currier driver) without using any type of magic elixirs in the engine oil. He did replace the original engine at 660,000 miles with a used junkyard unit.

Any idea what oil he was using?

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Originally Posted by 1foxracing
There is guy on the Civic forums that went over 1,000,000 on his own Civic (Medical Currier driver) without using any type of magic elixirs in the engine oil. He did replace the original engine at 660,000 miles with a used junkyard unit.

Any idea what oil he was using?

I would only worry about what oil I use and how I service. I could have used ST,Havoline,NAPA or Valvoline,etc BUT I didn't and I dont regret it one bit. I even used Archoil 9100 for the ester/solid lubrication that isnt offered by most others. Looking back you can only say what if I did this or that.Its like life;make a choice and accept the outcome. This site has some good information and some intelligent members.Read,do some research,and make a sincere attempt to take that data and pick product. I will say that higher hths,pour point,and VI rating was how I compared all considered products.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob myths and delusions shattered here:
  • that 0W20 oil is unsuitable for engines that specify it
  • that CVT transmissions are junk or unmaintainable
  • that 20,000 mile oil/filters don't work so you ought to just stick with 5,000
  • that NAPA Platinum filters do not filter oil adequately

Interesting, my dad had a PO box for years and when he got a package they put a slip in the box saying to pick it up at a window. Your post office doesn't do that?

Besides that, every Walmart.com shipment I've received arrived by UPS or Fedex. Don't they deliver to your house?
Little known fact: You can have UPS and FedEx packages delivered at your post office if you have a P.O. Box. You need the address to state Suite or unit 123 as an example instead of P.O. Box. Check with your post office if you have a P.O. Box.

I can't believe it has 639,000 on it now, I am just curious to see how far it will go.
IMG_0023.JPG

Back