379,000 mile teardown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks pretty darn good! More discoloring than I would have expected with the use of Redline, but the days of PAO oils and zero varnish are well behind us. Today's Group III oils do leave a color on the metal.

Fear. If the chain breaks its game over. Besides as far as I have gone,why not. I get a inheritance check every year and bought some home furnishings and decided I wanted to keep the old car running as its still 35mpg or more even over 75mph. I'd like to get to 500,000 and then have it repainted and get the bumps out too. Want to make it look like this._spoiler and all. https://www.gillmanhondahouston.com...uston-tx-df3a7d1b0a0e0a1752fed13a6026d5b8.htm
After the chain parts are replaced, this would be an awesome time to switch to HPL for say 21k miles, and if you’re so inclined, break it back open at the 400k mark so we can see just how much the AN/Ester oil cleans. We’ve seen @OVERKILL’s pics on stationary metal; this would be an awesome test (and testimony if results are the same!) thanks for the pics!

After the chain parts are replaced, this would be an awesome time to switch to HPL for say 21k miles, and if you’re so inclined, break it back open at the 400k mark so we can see just how much the AN/Ester oil cleans. We’ve seen @OVERKILL’s pics on stationary metal; this would be an awesome test (and testimony if results are the same!) thanks for the pics!
Hate to burst your bubble but the wrist pins went bad in 2020 November 29th. They had the car completely tore down and I was going to have to have a new block and pistons and everything. I think I did post it all on here but if not send me a private message and I'll look around and see what pictures I still have left and send them to you. Final count on the odometer was 382,500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back