I like Amsoil P.I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
By all means ..apply for your refund, but you'll likely see better mileage within a tank or two.

You HAVE to do a substantial amount of operation in open loop. That would be the only way you could achieve any noticeable difference. If you had severely degraded injectors (due to deposits) the normalized spray pattern and evened out fuel flow would be dictated by your fuel map would result in required fuel corrections to restore a:f balance in open loop.

After using Gumout Regane awhile back, you could FEEL the difference for a few days (in my wife's case- a tankful) The system corrected itself back to transparent in a short time.

My 08 corolla w/ 27k runs a lot better now after a tank ful of this stuff. I think we got a hold of some bad gas at a cheapo station a while back, and on occasion it would spit and sputter on cold starts.

No sputter whatsoever now, and the throttle response seems better, to me anyway. Going on the 2nd tank after the dose.

Is this going to mess up my oil at all? Running the ASM/EAO until september or 31k miles (15k OCI), whichever comes first.

I don't think fuel adds do much to the oil ..except in regard to what the UOA may read. The oil will still be oil ..but a few metals (for whatever reason) may be up a tick or two.

Let me state it this way. Whatever effect that fuel system cleaners have on the oil, I would not alter my use of them because of it even with extended drains. I feel the biggest impact is on the UOA metal numbers (if any). The benefits of (more) even flowing injectors far outweighs any liability in avoided issues in terms of the oil's health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back