Strongest fuel cleaner

I have a 1992 Nissan Pathfinder. It has a rough idle and I was told by the mechanic that there’s a clogged fuel injector. He suggested running a couple tanks full of fuel injector cleaner see if we can free up or unclogg the injector. What’s the most powerful fuel injector cleaner I can use

That gen Nissan ANYTHING will need injectors at this point. Those side-feed units weren't great back then, and they're probably just about used up at this point.

I have a 1992 Nissan Pathfinder. It has a rough idle and I was told by the mechanic that there’s a clogged fuel injector. He suggested running a couple tanks full of fuel injector cleaner see if we can free up or unclogg the injector. What’s the most powerful fuel injector cleaner I can use
I suggest sending them out to this guy:

He does the best work, has done several sets for me. Vastly superior to any cleaning additive. You will know the injectors are good to go when you get them back and the price is reasonable.

Thanks for that Astro. I looked at these and they are a scarce item. Unfortunately the Nissan side feed testing rail I have will not work with these, this is what you have...
bck-158-0459.jpg

These I can do, they are a little newer than the over 30 year old ones.

side feed.jpg

I've actually done the 1gal lacquer thinner/half tank of gas on my 93 Isuzu Rodeo back in the day when it was giving me issues. My options were either replace the injectors, have them cleaned, or fuel cleaners. Berrymans helped before I tried the lacquer thinner, but only a little & when I had it in the tank. She's an old beater used for work around the property, & was willing to risk it. Lacquer thinner did the trick. Took about 120 miles/2 days to bring it to empty, & refilled with only 3gal regular to drive & flush out before filling the tank. They are original injectors, & was running pretty rough before. The difference was night & day with the lacquer thinner. Fuel pump still runs great. I threw a new fuel filter in afterward. No problems since, but have been running a can of Berryman b12 or a couple of oz of Star Tron ring clean every few tanks since. It felt wrong dumping a gal of lacquer thinner into the tank, but she lived. Idles & runs fine. Any little drop will take the paint off when pouring it in if that's a concern though. I can't say I recommend it, but it worked in my scenario.

Back