I like Amsoil P.I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ttvr4
Amsoil is sneaky....

-ttvr4

No they aren't. Someone puts a drop in 40 gallons. Then claims the product didn't work. Who would the sneaky one be?

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Amsoil is sneaky....

-ttvr4

No they aren't. Someone puts a drop in 40 gallons. Then claims the product didn't work. Who would the sneaky one be?

Indeed, the product didn't work for my vehicles and you can find people on this site that have used Amsoil P.I. which showed no improvement. Like I said, I bought 3 bottles and used two out of the three with no improvements. I support Amsoil's products, just not this one. Amsoil is sneaky about the "conditions" of the rebate. If they were not, they would've of stated that all vehicles have to abide with the 20 gallon treatment. Instead, they decided to beat around the bush. I'm glad Amsoil stand behind their products by offering this rebate.

-ttvr4

I decided not to send in for the rebate on this product. After reading the rebate conditions I realized I didn't have enough miles on my truck to qualify. So I'm just going to take BuickGN's advice and consider it to be preventive maintenance:)

Pablo ( or anyone ), could the use of this type of product skew the lab results of your oil analysis?

Originally Posted By: hate2work
I decided not to send in for the rebate on this product. After reading the rebate conditions I realized I didn't have enough miles on my truck to qualify. So I'm just going to take BuickGN's advice and consider it to be preventive maintenance:)

Pablo ( or anyone ), could the use of this type of product skew the lab results of your oil analysis?

It did with mine... I used it and 2 tanks later I did a UOA and Terry actually asked me if I had used a fuel additive like Amsoil PI...
grin2.gif

I'm sorry, I read the rebate, then I read the rebate form you have to fill out, and I found it to be very straight forward and easy to understand, and all the print appeared to be the same size. Here are the conditions as copied and pasted from the form.

Conditions
Because fuel economy improvement is achieved after first-time use of P.i. in a vehicle with accumulated deposits, the P.i. money-back
guarantee is limited to vehicles with a minimum of 25,000 miles. Those vehicles must not have been previously treated with P.i. and must not
have undergone any fuel system or fuel injector cleaning or replacement procedure. P.i. must be used with a full tank of gas, and that tank
must be run until near-empty. Fuel economy will then be measured after the following tankful of gas, and if no improvement is realized the
money-back guarantee applies. P.i. must be used in accordance with the treat rates listed on the bottle. This offer is limited to one refund per
customer and is good through May 31, 2009.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Amsoil is sneaky....

-ttvr4

Indeed, the product didn't work for my vehicles and you can find people on this site that have used Amsoil P.I. which showed no improvement. Like I said, I bought 3 bottles and used two out of the three with no improvements. I support Amsoil's products, just not this one. Amsoil is sneaky about the "conditions" of the rebate. If they were not, they would've of stated that all vehicles have to abide with the 20 gallon treatment. Instead, they decided to beat around the bush. I'm glad Amsoil stand behind their products by offering this rebate.

-ttvr4

Again, if there is nothing to improve upon, how can you expect it to work?

I must have a slight touch of dyslexia. The way I understood the warranty I thought the car had to have UNDER 25,000 miles and not have been treated with another cleaner. They actually said a minimum of 25,000 miles, and never had a fuel system cleaning prior. Seems fair, and straight up! My bad!! If it ain't broke you can't fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a 1 mpg bump using PI. Impressed me, no other additive I used ever gave me anything.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
My fuel economy went down after using PI because it unclogged my injector... hahahaha
LOL.gif

StevieC has spoken, so we can now use Amsoil PI and sleep easier at night.

I hope this stuff is worth the money. Just bought a case of 12 for $102 shipped. Going to put it in the 99 Epic 22 toyota boat, my brother's 99 Crownline, and our 08 corolla w/ 25k.
I think we picked up some bad gas at one time in the corolla (new station owners have no money to keep the tanks full). Occasionaly after the cars sat for a few days, it spits and sputters a little bit after startup. And it stinks pretty bad.
Runs pretty good still, and had no change in mpg.

Maybe this PI stuff will help?

This stuff works great. it worked really well in my 96 GMC 4.3 with 157,000 mi. After about 3/4 of a tank had run through it I was at a stoplight, and I thought the thing had quit on me. Luckily I looked at the tach before I tried to restart it. The thing hasn't idled this smooth in a long time.

This is good to hear!!

Dumped 2/3 of a bottle in the corolla, but i haven't drove it enough to notice any difference. And i may not notice much, simply because it's so new.
Also dumped 1&1/3 bottles in the GMC van (large tank), and we'll see how it goes.

I think i'll notice more of a difference in the boats more than anything. Dumped some Redline stuff in them last year, and didn't really notice much of a difference. That [censored] is freakin expensive; like $17 a bottle or so.

Originally Posted By: 3Toyotas
This is good to hear!!

Dumped 2/3 of a bottle in the corolla, but i haven't drove it enough to notice any difference. And i may not notice much, simply because it's so new.
Also dumped 1&1/3 bottles in the GMC van (large tank), and we'll see how it goes.

I think i'll notice more of a difference in the boats more than anything. Dumped some Redline stuff in them last year, and didn't really notice much of a difference. That [censored] is freakin expensive; like $17 a bottle or so.

Are you talking about the Redline SI-1 at 17 dollars? If so, then you were double charged, I buy it for 7.99 at my local Checker.

Originally Posted By: panthermike
Originally Posted By: 3Toyotas
This is good to hear!!

Are you talking about the Redline SI-1 at 17 dollars? If so, then you were double charged, I buy it for 7.99 at my local Checker.

I don't remember what it was exactly, but i do know it costed somewhere in the teens.
This amsoil P.I. is a little cheaper than $7.99 by .50 cents or so. Prefered customer price that is.

I just got done on a run of Amsoil PI and my mileage was nearly one of the lowest MPG's I've ever seen on my car. I have been keeping track of at least one tank a month for over 2 years. Used one of the two gas stations I've always used.

I have the bottle, documentation, and receipt. Looks I'll be looking for a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back