I just had success with this fun CarFax "Money Hack"

I just took a look to see what a Carfax report was going for these days. Are they nuts?

Screenshot 2023-07-13 094834.jpg

Woo hoo!
I've been curious to find some info on my prev. car after I traded it in... It never showed up on the dealer's website...
but i dang sure wasn't spending the $45 full price for a carfax..

looks like it got snatched up right quick, and is still registered in that town (dealer is about an hour from me)
I had a suspicion that one of the Techs/mechanics at said dealer snatched it up.... the fact that it's still in the same town 5 years later, gives that theory a little more weight... to me at least...

I still want to know whatever happened to my Pontiac Vibe. It went to iaai after it was hit. I called to ask and they acted like I was crazy. I didn't want to know who purchased it but where it was heeded. It was listed as "for export" when it sold

(I believe these reports are European Imports, thus avoids custom taxes and so it's so much cheaper.)
I got a notice that I was being charged 151,84 RPH on my credit card. Shows at $4.15 pending. Not going quibble over 15 cents but hope there isn't a $10 foreign exchange conversion fee.

Our company does not have contracts with CARFAX Inc that would allow them to distribute their reports.

So how exactly they are getting reports then? Did they hack Carfax database and offer to buy stolen intellectual property?

I used a CC with plenty of protection, but it worked for me. I've been wanting to pull a report on my Reatta, but the $45 was a turn off.

Imagine my surprise when I found out the car spent it's ENTIRE life in CA before being purchased by a dealer in IL where it was purchased by the uncle of the woman I purchased it from. Less than 2k of the car's 96k miles were spent in the Midwest!

Vehicles are bough and sold and shipped accrues the country and even borders (Canada) all the time.
Why the surprise?

Vehicles are bough and sold and shipped accrues the country and even borders (Canada) all the time.
Why the surprise?
My old Rogue and an old minivan of mine that both got totaled after my ownership appeared on a Russian website. I googled the VINS out of curiosity and found them. The pictures were on US soil, but were an effort to Export them.

Back