I Have Turned to the Dark Side... Mercedes AMG C43

I drive a manual BMW 3 series rear wheel drive, while my wife drives a Merc SUV 4Matic. Service both myself whenever I can, particularly the regular maintenance items, and save a ton of money. Would describe as an "interesting" learning experience! However once learned not particularly difficult. Just be sure to do your research and YouTubing ahead of time. Don't assume any task is necessarily simple!

Congratulations. Having both at the same time I found little to no difference between the sound systems but every car is unique because the interiors are different which has an influence on how sound moves around the vehicle.

You're spot on about the suspension. Our C300 with AMG pkg was stiffer than my M-Sport 435.

Enjoy the tires. They're really sticky with the obvious trade-off.

I also don't like the current iteration of the BMW in instrument cluster. However, my wife's 230i is in port as I type this. She better love this car.

Last edited:
BMW M and AMG both have websites that offer private forums for their owners. However, I was never able to join the M owners group because I owned an M Performance model and not a "real" M car- never mind that the M Performance cars are prominently featured on the M site. In contrast, I was admitted to the AMG forum even though I own an AMG "lite"(no hand-built motor, for starters). Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but appreciated nonetheless.

BMW M and AMG both have websites that offer private forums for their owners. However, I was never able to join the M owners group because I owned an M Performance model and not a "real" M car- never mind that the M Performance cars are prominently featured on the M site. In contrast, I was admitted to the AMG forum even though I own an AMG "lite"(no hand-built motor, for starters). Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but appreciated nonetheless.
I don’t hang out with either group. Too many posers.

Nice car.

If it makes you happy, nothing else to consider.

I'll give the BMW E9x and that ilk credit for still feeling good enough for enthusiasts, even if the looks, inside and out, were a departure.

After that…it's like the company decided to turn its back on everything that made their cars distinct, and good. Overstyled, outside and in (awful instrutment graphics), and devoid of feel.

Nice car.

If it makes you happy, nothing else to consider.

I'll give the BMW E9x and that ilk credit for still feeling good enough for enthusiasts, even if the looks, inside and out, were a departure.

After that…it's like the company decided to turn its back on everything that made their cars distinct, and good. Overstyled, outside and in (awful instrutment graphics), and devoid of feel.
We test drove a new 2022 M240i xDrive a couple of weeks before I bought the C43; my wife and I both agreed that it felt little different than my 2014 M235i- and it definitely did not look better.

I came here from the other thread to call you a gloater. LOL. That red interior is really sharp!

Does this mean that you need to change your name or do you still have the M compact car?

I came here from the other thread to call you a gloater. LOL. That red interior is really sharp!

Does this mean that you need to change your name or do you still have the M compact car?
Thanks, I love the red interior, the last car in our family with a red interior was a black 1965 Mustang notchback my father bought in 1964. And yes, I still have the 318ti; I bought it new in November 1995 and I am NEVER selling it.

Good lort. This is why Im buying a Kia. Shame them all at the stoplight and no zipcode envy, rofl!

Nice car OP, my neighbor has the SUV versision.

Back