I Have Turned to the Dark Side... Mercedes AMG C43

Love the C43, congrats!

If you can spring for them, I'd replace the new run-flats for true UHP tires when tracking. It will completely transform the car.

Or just get a separate wheel-tire package that you can swap.

Love the C43, congrats!

If you can spring for them, I'd replace the new run-flats for true UHP tires when tracking. It will completely transform the car.

Or just get a separate wheel-tire package that you can swap.
I plan to, but since the dealer installed new Conti MOE tires immediately before delivery I figured I would wear them out before replacing them. I’ll probably get a set of winter wheels/tires as well.

Nice ride! The last Mercedes I rode in was a 2000 c230, and the only reason it was better than a Saturn ion was because it was rear wheel drive. The Saturn was well taken care of except for body damage, and the Mercedes was kinda nasty inside and worn out in every way possible.

I like the E90 BMWs, haven't driven anything newer. If only they could make a grill that looks decent

Nice ride! The last Mercedes I rode in was a 2000 c230, and the only reason it was better than a Saturn ion was because it was rear wheel drive. The Saturn was well taken care of except for body damage, and the Mercedes was kinda nasty inside and worn out in every way possible.

I like the E90 BMWs, haven't driven anything newer. If only they could make a grill that looks decent
The styling of most every new BMW really puts me off. I just don’t get the big grilles and awkward proportions.

BMW should have learned from the CarPlay debacle- charging for it and then hitting buyers with an annual subscription fee when CarPlay was standard on all but the most bare-bones econoboxes. It’s like Munich has an economic death wish.

According to this article, it's not being implemented in the US market:

🤷‍♂️

From this year.

From this year.
Ahhh yes, that's sort of consistent with the block of text from BMW in the other article, that you can order the feature as an option up front, but if you want to add an option you didn't order with the car later, the hardware will be there and you can either pay the fee to enable it, or pay for it monthly.

Is it a slippery slope? Not sure. I understand having to pay for something like a data connection, as there is a recurring cost there, but for a piece of hardware/software that is already part of the vehicle, paying to enable that later seems kind of greasy, even if you didn't technically pay for the option when you ordered the car.

Back