I hate new car driver aids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Wolf359
Originally Posted by pandus13
Originally Posted by bachman
Originally Posted by Pew
I'm going to buy a horse and carriage so I can complain about tech.

Read the reviews on birch spokes. They really seem to rate high for a compliant ride.

Also, you will need an extra large bumper. And better stopping shoes for the horsey.
For when the speeding texting (let's call it Mule) driving behind will slip on (horse behind organic matter).

I think on the plus side you can ride drunk, the horse will know the way home.

I remember my grandfather telling me that his father did that... or at least told him that. I suspect there's a fair amount of truth to it, even if not fully true--the horse might clip a tree with the buggy on a tight turn but I'm guessing it'd do a fair job of navigating a road for the most part. Bit low on horsepower but they did have a bit of thinking ability.

Originally Posted by jeepman3071
I worked in auto insurance before my current job, and these driving aids have nothing to do with masculinity or driving "skill". In fact just the opposite. Lots of "bros" who think they can send one last text to their lady friend while not realizing their pick-em up truck is veering into the oncoming lane.

It has to do with distraction, and lack of care for those around them and their surroundings. If someone had to drive across a mile long single lane bridge with no sides I doubt they would even touch their phone.

And every single insurance company could end distracted driving OVERNIGHT.

Amend every policy that states "starting May 1, 2020, _______ Insurance company will no longer pay for claims resulting from the insured's distracted driving; this includes _________. If an insured is found to be driving while distracted, either through a citation or investigation of an accident, the insured's coverage is also immediately terminated."

Try getting car insurance after you've been dropped from another company.

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Originally Posted by pandus13
Originally Posted by bachman
Originally Posted by Pew
I'm going to buy a horse and carriage so I can complain about tech.

Read the reviews on birch spokes. They really seem to rate high for a compliant ride.

Also, you will need an extra large bumper. And better stopping shoes for the horsey.
For when the speeding texting (let's call it Mule) driving behind will slip on (horse behind organic matter).

I think on the plus side you can ride drunk, the horse will know the way home.

Funny, but I confer to that.
RE: I did help a horse (more like the other way) get home. I was 4.5-5 years old. 27km. The load in the carriage was booze for my cousin's wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back