I don't know how old my bottle of Mobil is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Evan93
Thanks for the info guys. I realize Mobil Super 1000 is a Conventional blend. It will eventually be going in my 2000 Corolla. So if the unopened Jug was most likely manufactured in July 2015, is it okay to still use? What is evreyones opinions on oils shelf life?

Oil lasts for years in the bottle. I'd say 10 years in a plastic unopened bottle is fine. And metal cans even longer. It lasted millions of years underground just fine, a few years in a jug won't hurt a thing. Just give it a good shake to mix up the additives.

Originally Posted by dave1251
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Yours is a syn blend also, Tom.

You should contact ExxonMobil then since the bottle is incorrectly labeled as "Full Synthetic Motor Oil."

No lawyer will touch Big Oil.

You may have been fooled, but to prove the HARM.

Tom - Call customer service and see what they say
smile.gif

It would be like getting the wonderful gravy recipe from Guzzardi's

They'll tell you something - anything to get you to go away and it will be all jibberjabber.

Non sense as usual and "Big Oil" is not big.
There are successful judgements against "Big Oil" posted all over the web.

I intended - and not clearly - in this instance; Not provable environmental concerns or formulation errors failing the service category.

So lets go!

Dave, will you be first to sign the petition for false advertising?

But let's hit the correct target.

Supposed watchdog NAD of BBB and British Petroleum.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 4WD
Did not know what ?

I did not know that Mobile Super Synthetic 0W20 was a blend...maybe "full" synthetic does not mean 100% synthetic?

Either way I'll use it in my fuel diluter as I don't run high mile OCI's on that vehicle anyways.

Originally Posted by Tjbouwhu
I did not know that Mobile Super Synthetic 0W20 was a blend...maybe "full" synthetic does not mean 100% synthetic?

What does it say on the container?

Perhaps this topic is the point of the thread, I do not know.

This is just a long and tired subject that Arco likes to jump in on - common target is Mobil regardless …
The rebranded companies (Super Tech etc) buy base stocks from you know who and label it synthetic - but nobody jumps on that.

Originally Posted by Evan93
Thanks for the info guys. I realize Mobil Super 1000 is a Conventional blend. It will eventually be going in my 2000 Corolla. So if the unopened Jug was most likely manufactured in July 2015, is it okay to still use? What is evreyones opinions on oils shelf life?

If the jug is still unopened/sealed, you are fine. Use it in your Corolla with confidence.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Not all 0W20 is synthetic.

Honda 0W20 synthetic blend:
https://www.amazon.com/Honda-Genuine-Fluid-08798-9036-Synthetic/dp/B007P5RFRO

Pennzoil 0W20 synthetic blend:
https://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/products/blends-conventional-oils/gold.html

I have yet to see a 0w20 conventional... not syn blend, not synthetic... conventional. Pretty sure they don't exist.

The BBB had made a decision in the past to allow companies marketing oil in the U.S. to use the "Fully Synthetic Oil" labeling
on products that contain a majority Group III petroleum base. Prior to that decision Synthetic oil was considered formulated from majority Group IV and V base stocks.

This misleading and patently false advertising is NOT allowed in Germany and France.

It may be a tired subject to some here, but Consumers have have been lied too and the near worthless NAD of BBB didn't stop the
charade.

U.S consumers are being treated as chumps.

What else is new.

I found an old bottle of Mobil 1 in one of the cars I purchased. From January 2004 I think
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back