I am going to have to put this head on myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: turtlevette

I don't think this guy has any ADHD ADD or any problem. He doesn't have any problem with internet stuff. Getting videos on line within seconds, spoofing ip addresses and such. The "oh help me I know nothing about cars" act gets him the audience he craves.

I have ADD and have a friend with really intense ADHD and I have no problem with "Internet stuff" and neither does he. Most of this is just click-n-go, it doesn't require time or dedication like fixing an engine does (which my ADHD buddy has problems with). I also don't think he's spoofing IP's, he's probably on a connection at home where the IP changes if he shuts off the modem or using his phone which will never have the same IP.

Now whether he's trolling or he is legitimately this buggered-up it doesn't really matter, both are an indication of a problem of some sort
grin.gif

It's my opinion that he means well. That he gets a sense of belonging and support from the BITOG community. He has been a prolific poster, including video, and he keeps returning because of that positive feedback. Sure, there's been negative feedback, but in general, folks here have been willing to respond, and to try and help.

I don't believe that he is trying to upset folks, to troll the forum. The fact that he manages to upset folks is simply incidental to his intended result...

I am reminded of a toddler playing with objects that he/she has no business playing with. And yet i'm still subscribed to the youtube channel in awe, waiting for the inevitable.

Originally Posted By: Astro14

I don't believe that he is trying to upset folks, to troll the forum. The fact that he manages to upset folks is simply incidental to his intended result...

If he is in fact trolling, he's going to some great lengths to do so...for that reason alone I think his posts are genuine, but I am sure he also enjoys the attention. Ironically he allows himself to be trolled and easily baited into an argument.

I do enjoy watching his repair/maintenance threads play out. When you click on one of his threads, you know what you're getting into, so I don't understand why some will allow themselves to get irritated and try to provoke him.

Originally Posted By: Thermo1223
I can't believe you guys keep feeding him...I would have had the head on & car running by now.

Originally Posted By: Trav
The guy isn't bothering anyone but anyway maybe the tips and tricks will help someone else.

Originally Posted By: Thermo1223
Bothering? Well that is subjective I'll admit.

Mind-numbly intolerable with regards to listening and following advice.

He did this before...to me it seems like attention seeking at the highest level. I get very intolerable with people who simply ask for advice but then proceed to throw it back in your face by not following it.

If he stuck with the advice the car should be running by now...as long as the block deck is true as well as the head itself.

Now it comes full circle, I share in Overkill's frustration.

So, anyone else wondering how Joseph, or the Honda, are doing?
I believe he's been banned or is on a suspension. When you search his name on the user list it isn't there.

Fortunately.

He's still posting videos of his "progress" on Youtube. He's STILL cleaning the bolt holes and the bolts. Oh, and he took a file to one of the bolts. I have no idea what he's trying to accomplish by doing that.
eek.gif
35.gif

Originally Posted By: exranger06
[Oh, and he took a file to one of the bolts. I have no idea what he's trying to accomplish by doing that.
eek.gif
35.gif

Don't worry, neither does he, LOL!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Joshua_Skinner
He's an askhole. A person who asks advice endlessly, but never follows the advice given.

That is hilarious! I've not heard the term before! And yeah, there are a few of those around....

I am late to the party but felt the need to read all of this and comment.
There are some knowledgeable folks here giving excellent advice. Now I'll give mine and i will apologize first for being brash. I feel that i know some doing it for a living however i am far from kjowing everything very very far.
This engine is simply not worth it. It would be cheaper and more convenient to buy a used engine from a salvage yard than to try to fix this thing. But then we have the body its terrible this car is sadly at the end of the line. My first peiece of advice is look ove all the vehicles you have are there any that can be practically made a safe reliable dd? If so sell the others and put the money into one. If not get rid of all of them and get a secent cheap car. You'll have to learn how to buy a used car which isn't hard if you listen and show some maturity.
Also you need to decide the best way to get your life in track. We all make mistakes but its grow up time. Im not sure of your exact age but your to old to not have a place of your own. You don't have to make perfect decisions but thought out decent choices are a good start. The car choices and things you do show a complete inability to be an adult. I dont want to sound mean but everybody gets old and will need a retirement fund will need a roof over their head. If yoy want any kind of stability you have to start making wise choices now. Make a decision not based on emototions but practical common sense with the cars and then use that logic for everything in life. You'll have to learn sometime it might as well be now.
And i hope you don't think i am being mean, I'm not i used to be what i call a loser some people say i was just young i considered myself a loser, their is people on here that will no doubt vouch for that as well. My point is i grew up. I am 24 now i probably didn't really wise up till a year ago maybe 2. I still make mistakes as will you but you have to realize your becoming a loser and you arent what you want to be and then you need to change it. I just hate seeing you do foolish thing after foolish thing. Please atleast think about what I've said start making wise choices! I hope you get to read this and i hope i don't get banned as i am not trying to be rude or mean i am just spelling it out in hopes that it will somehow help you.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
This place gets too serious. Its just a junk car.

Yep, Too much drama.

Originally Posted By: exranger06

He's still posting videos of his "progress" on Youtube. He's STILL cleaning the bolt holes and the bolts. Oh, and he took a file to one of the bolts. I have no idea what he's trying to accomplish by doing that.
eek.gif
35.gif

That's to ensure an accurate torque.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
What is the purpose of the file on the bolts?

I suspect that he is trying to fashion a thread chaser, like Trav described much earlier in this thread. But since he's not seen one, I think he's got the idea wrong...

A thread chaser would have slots cut perpendicular to the threads, to allow cutting edges in the threads, as well as to allow a place for swarf to go...

I don't see the value of flat-filing the threads...it's also clear that the file is either quite dull, or he is not applying anywhere near enough pressure...he's just rubbing the file on the bolt...to little avail...

Last edited:
He could run the bolts in and note the torque. Simply add that torque to the spec torque and just call it done.

Ie. Just put it together. The more he messes with it, the more probability he will just end up stripping out all the holes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back