Bad news on top of more bad news.

I hate having to work on drum brakes. I refuse to buy a car with drums.
The trick is either to have the right tools, be strong enough to squeeze the heck out a pair of needle nose and pull the spring to its destination, or have a bucket full of colorful words ready.

While I don't know these specific Honda drums, generally speaking you have to pay attention to the shoe orientation. Usually there is a leading shoe and a follower, but they can be installed in reverse. So if there are odd noises and wear pattern, I would double check shoe orientation.

While I don't know these specific Honda drums, generally speaking you have to pay attention to the shoe orientation. Usually there is a leading shoe and a follower, but they can be installed in reverse. So if there are odd noises and wear pattern, I would double check shoe orientation.
I put the shoe with the thicker material facing the front of the car.

I should add that since I made a very small brake adjustment yesterday the noise has been reduced to a squeaking noise that comes and goes and occurs at stops once I reach about 5-10 mph.

I should add that since I made a very small brake adjustment yesterday the noise has been reduced to a squeaking noise that comes and goes and occurs at stops once I reach about 5-10 mph.
The more I think about it, I've had that noise on the rear drums on my civic. I remember it was an alternating noise, turned out to be rust between the lip on the backing plate and the edge of the drum itself. It finally just wore off and the noise was gone.

Did you lube the raised "bumps" on the backing plate with anti-seize paste where the inner edge of the brake shoes make contact? I don't see any anti-seize applied in the photo on Post #26 and cannot tell in the Post #36 photo. A dab of anti-seize keeps those contact points from squeeking. If you forgot to lube these contact points, you can just pry the shoe away from the backing plate with a flat blade screwdriver and apply a dab without disassembling the springs. This should eliminate the squeeking noise.

Did you lube the raised "bumps" on the backing plate with anti-seize paste where the inner edge of the brake shoes make contact? I don't see any anti-seize applied in the photo on Post #26 and cannot tell in the Post #36 photo. A dab of anti-seize keeps those contact points from squeeking. If you forgot to lube these contact points, you can just pry the shoe away from the backing plate with a flat blade screwdriver and apply a dab without disassembling the springs. This should eliminate the squeeking noise.
I was thinking the same, and of course.... no I didn't.

Noises pretty much subsided yesterday after a few hard stops in the rain. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Been over 500 miles and the noise is still there. Going to have to place my money on an out of round drum since it's only one side making noise.

Back